The Saint Mary's College Professional MBA Program will help you develop the perspectives, knowledge, and skills needed for leadership positions in the business world. Most Professional MBA students have worked for a number of years and return to school to either increase the potential of their current career or train for a new one. Others already have substantial management experience and come back to enrich their work experience through theoretical content.
- Established in 1984
- An applied curriculum that builds a foundation for long-term career success
- Concentrations in finance and marketing
- Small classes (averaging 20)
- Highly qualified classmates (average GMAT 550, average GPA 3.0)
- Full-time faculty with outstanding credentials and adjunct faculty with extensive professional experience and excellent academic backgrounds
- A collaborative and collegial environment
- Flexibility in course load and class scheduling
- Frequent, predictably scheduled courses
- Weekly class meetings on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 6:00 - 10:00 p.m. or (starting Autumn Quarter 2007) Saturday morning or afternoon. Each class meets four hours per week
- Four quarters per year
- Up to seven foundation courses can be waived on the basis of past coursework
- Transfer credit for up to two MBA core courses
- The program can be started any quarter of the year
The Professional MBA Program at Saint Mary's College provides substantial flexibility. You’ll determine your course load every quarter and may withdraw temporarily for specific quarters. The program can be started during any quarter, and you can leverage your individual backgrounds by waiving foundation courses on the basis of previous coursework.
A Choice of Weeknight or Saturday classes
Beginning in Autumn Quarter 2007, classes for the Professional MBA will be offered on Saturday morning and afternoon in addition to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening. The entire program can be completed by taking classes during the week or on Saturday.
A Balance Between Theory and Practice
The Professional MBA Program's philosophy is to offer a professional education that thoughtfully incorporates both cutting-edge theory and practical, everyday knowledge. Our faculty is composed of Ph.D. scholar-teachers and highly experienced business practitioners and is uniquely qualified to deliver a conceptually sound, immediately applicable education.
Concentrations within a General Management Education
The Professional MBA Program prepares students for the higher and broader organizational responsibilities that will come later in their careers. We accommodate specialization through our concentrations, which cover advanced courses in specific fields. Students may choose from three different concentrations: finance, marketing, and international management.
<!-- InstanceEndEditable -->
About the School
The School of Economics and Business Administration prepares students for challenging and interesting careers, in the context of the fine liberal arts education. In keeping with the College's Catholic ... Read More