Management of NPOs
The content of the Professional MBA Social Management is to cover all management areas of NPOs, such as strategy, organization, human resource management, project management, marketing and markets, entrepreneurship and innovation, leadership and ethics, and above all the specifics of the social sector but also other areas of the nonprofit sector.
Topics such as social work as a profession, in social and international contexts, social policy and social economy are treated and discussed against the background of "business management" with regard to the consequences for social and non-profit management.
Since the beginning of the 1990s, social management has been a fixed component of the program portfolio of the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU). Our graduates assume leadership responsibilities in nonprofit organizations, but they are also innovative social entrepreneurs who take up current developments in the social sector and significantly shape the markets for social services by founding organizations as pioneers.
The Professional MBA Social Management has the goal to educate current and future decision-makers in the field of social services in order to successfully solve complex problems and conflicting goals between the economic and the social. Participants will not only gain insight into the latest management methods and social skills needed for innovative solutions, but will also be made aware, in particular, of critical developments in the social field as well as in the non-profit sector in general.
- Active and future social and non-profit leaders providing social services and / or social interests, including:
- Institutions or organizations in the private non-profit sector (charities, associations, church institutions, etc.),
- Managing authorities of the countries and municipalities responsible for social services,
- Governing bodies of private commercial companies working in relevant fields (eg private nursing homes),
- Profit-sector organizations whose leaders want to acquire relevant knowledge.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 24 months, extra-occupational
- 11 block events of 4-5 days