Penn State Smeal MBA - Consulting
The Penn State Smeal consulting concentration builds expertise in organization assessment and design, strategy development and implementation, development of organizational leadership capabilities, and project and client engagement management.
Consulting Course Highlights
- Consulting Concentration Intro: Introduction to consulting processes, diagnosis and design, and client engagement management.
- Strategy Implementation and Organizational Change: Assess gaps between the current organization and the need to implement new strategies or execute change; identify processes for closing the gap.
- Complex Negotiations: Develop concepts and strategies for analyzing and conducting multiparty negotiations.
- Growth and Innovation Strategy: Identify opportunities for growth and profitability through technological and organizational innovations and market independently or with strategic partners.
Consulting Faculty Highlights
Smeal Finance faculty members have built an international reputation for financial research, especially in the areas of corporate financial policy and the operation and regulation of securities markets. Finance faculty who teach in the MBA Program include:
- Shawn Clark: A clinical professor of innovation and entrepreneurship, he is the interim director of the Farrell Center for Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship..
- Don Hambrick: Past president of the Academy of Management and author of the widely noted worldwide study of executive leadership, Reinventing the CEO.
- Stephen Humphry: A professor of management, he is the research director of the Smeal Center for Teams and Negotiation.
Smeal MBA graduates who concentrate in consulting usually also select a functional area of expertise. They go on to pursue full-time employment opportunities with an array of organizations including:
- A.T. Kearney
- Education Advisory Board
- IntelliQ Research & Strategy
- ZS Associates
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 30, 2017