Located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, the part-time MBA provides a world-class education without compromising your life as a working professional. Stay connected to the city's thriving business sector while enjoying a rigorous academic curriculum that will prepare you to take the next step for your career.
The School of Management's Part-Time MBA program offers evening classes in our San Francisco Downtown Campus. Flexible scheduling will ensure you have access to the education you need while you balance a challenging work schedule.
Select from one of 6 optional concentrations:
- Data Analysis & Business Insights
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- International Business
- Organization Development
At USF, you'll have the unique benefits of a career-focused education, offering instruction, course selection, and personalized projects and work experience to help you accelerate your career.
And with unparalleled flexibility for Bay Area professionals to earn your degree where you live and work, you'll pursue your MBA on a timeline that works for you.
We recently redesigned our Part-Time MBA program. In doing so, USF part-time MBA students now have more opportunity to:
-Take what you learn in the classroom and apply it on the office — on the very same day. You can be a working professional and an MBA student at the same time.
-Tailor your entire MBA experience to align with your professional goals, whether you want to advance in your current role or completely change industries.
-You'll take the core courses that provide a solid business foundation, and have the freedom to select elective courses that round out your interests.
-Earn your degree on a flexible timeline — one that works for both your personal and professional life.
-Grow through an enriching curriculum that reflects our Jesuit tradition of social responsibility and conscious reflection.
-Earn your MBA and advance your career goals at a reduced financial commitment. Our redesigned MBA program is offered to students at a lower cost than our previous program, while focusing more on providing immediate opportunity and return on investment.
Most students have one primary consideration when applying to MBA programs: How will earning my MBA with this program increase my opportunities for career success?
- Transcript(s) – Copies of your transcripts from each accredited college or university attended must be uploaded to the online application. Once admitted to the program, instructions for sending official, sealed transcripts will be provided. The minimum graduate admission requirement includes a bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Résumé – A copy of your current résumé is required and must be uploaded as part of the online application.
- Letters of Recommendation – Two letters of recommendation are required. Applicants to all programs should submit at least one letter from a professional contact, if possible. Ideally, one or both of your recommendations will come from a current or former direct supervisor. Academic recommendations are also appreciated for current undergraduates. Enter the recommenders' email addresses directly into the online application for electronic submission.
Your recommenders may submit a signed letter of recommendation or they may utilize the Common Letter of Recommendation template.
If your recommender(s) must submit a hard copy letter by mail, please request that s/he complete this form to include with her/his letter.
The Common Letter of Recommendation (LOR) effort is intended to save applicants and recommenders valuable time by providing a single set of recommendation questions for each participating school. You can download and share a template of the Common Letter of Recommendation with your recommenders. Our preference is that your recommenders minimally complete sections 1 and 3.
Statement of Purpose or Essay – A 500 to 1000 word essay is required and must be uploaded in the online application. Please upload one document answering the following questions:
- What are your short and long-term professional goals and how this degree will help you achieve those goals?
- Your background, passions and personal interests are important to us. What are five things we don’t already know about you?
- GMAT/GRE – A valid GMAT or GRE score is required for all Full-Time MBA and Part-Time MBA applicants. Please upload a copy of your score report to the online application and request that an official score report be sent to USF from ETS (GRE) or GMAC (GMAT). USF GRE Score Report Code: 4850 USF GMAT Score Report Codes: Full-Time MBA: 91M-7L-48 Part-Time MBA: 91M-7L-38
- Interview – Interview requirements vary by program. All interviews are by invitation only. As such, should you be selected to interview, an invitation will be sent to the email account associated with your online application and include all necessary details.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 18, 2017