Your life is unique. The USF Part-Time MBA is flexible because you need it to be.
The Part-Time MBA is designed to transform your career while you’re working — providing key skills and new perspectives you’ll immediately put into place back at the office.
And our convenient location at 101 Howard Street in downtown San Francisco is just steps from BART, Caltrain, and the Transbay Transit Center. Your MBA has never been closer.
Your Life, Your Schedule, Your MBA
For busy professionals, flexibility in your degree program is key—and the Part-Time MBA is structured to support your success by allowing you the flexibility to finish within 5 years.
Alternatively, you can complete the program at a speed that accommodates your busy career.
You can take just one class at a time, or take a session off without issue and resume your studies at the School of Management when the timing is right for you.
New 2017 Curriculum for a more Personalized Education
The USF School of Management integrates San Francisco Bay Area advantages into its academic programs, with an eye toward market demands.
Meanwhile, the USF MBA emphasizes real-world experience, such as internships with local industry mentors, all of whom are grounded in the Bay Area’s culture of innovation — and who trust in USF’s reputation for ethical leadership and values-based learning.
Like the full-time program, USF’s Part-Time MBA provides options when selecting your studies, so you can align your coursework with your individual interests and career aspirations. Choose from career specializations in accounting, finance, marketing, data analysis, ethics, economics, and leadership. We also offer optional concentrations or the option of a unique Career Accelerator program.
Six Concentrations for Full-time and Part-time MBA Programs
- Data Analysis & Business Insights
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- International Business
- Organization Development
Part-Time MBA Curriculum
At USF, you'll have the unique benefits of a career-focused education, offering instruction, course selection, and personalized projects and work experience to help you accelerate your career.
And with unparalleled flexibility for Bay Area professionals to earn your degree where you live and work, you'll pursue your MBA on a timeline that works for you.
We recently redesigned our Part-Time MBA program. In doing so, USF part-time MBA students now have more opportunity to:
- Take what you learn in the classroom and apply it to the office — on the very same day. You can be a working professional and an MBA student at the same time.
- Tailor your entire MBA experience to align with your professional goals, whether you want to advance in your current role or completely change industries.
- You'll take the core courses that provide a solid business foundation and have the freedom to select elective courses that round out your interests.
- Earn your degree on a flexible timeline — one that works for both your personal and professional life.
- Grow through an enriching curriculum that reflects our Jesuit tradition of social responsibility and conscious reflection.
- Earn your MBA and advance your career goals at a reduced financial commitment. Our redesigned MBA program is offered to students at a lower cost than our previous program while focusing more on providing immediate opportunity and return on investment.
Most students have one primary consideration when applying to MBA programs: How will earning my MBA with this program increase my opportunities for career success?
What's Different About USF's Part-Time MBA Curriculum?
- Flexible Curriculum: Part-time students enroll in a curriculum with two sessions each semester. You can complete them both, or choose to take only one session, take a break, and re-enter the program when you're able, picking up right where you left off.
Shared Classes and Resources with Full-Time Students: Unlike other Part-Time MBA programs, our part-time students participate in elective classes with full-time students. Additionally, part-time students have the same resources available to them as full-time students, including career services, lecture series, and networking events.
Classes that Work Around Your Schedule: We know many part-time students are juggling full-time jobs, families, and other obligations. Our Part-Time MBA program allows you to schedule your classes for the days and times that work best for you. A Diversified, Creative Approach to Managing Your Career and Engaging in Personal Reflection.
- You'll gain valuable work experience, relationships, and career guidance through an innovation project with a new company of your choice or with your current employer.
- You'll also form a Personal Advisory Board from whom you can seek guidance and exercise personal reflection on your academic and professional progress.
- And for students interested in changing careers or industries, you have the option to select one specific, career-focused track from our three Career Accelerator Platforms.
The MBA Experience
The Master of Business Administration at the University of San Francisco offers a curriculum that will help you develop a competitive advantage in today’s challenging workplace.
Become a broadly-experienced and visionary manager who is prepared to tackle complex operational challenges.
The MBA boasts an interdisciplinary curriculum to expose students to a variety of practical real-world applications. From the case study competitions to rapidly changing technologies to IDEO-design centered approaches, you will master the many facets of a competitive business environment.
As part of a collaborative cohort of diverse and highly motivated students, you will engage with executives and professionals from the vibrant San Francisco business community. Our downtown campus is just stepped away from world-respected company headquarters, such as Salesforce and Twitter, and the ever-expanding presence of Google and Facebook.
MBA Application Requirements
- Transcript(s) – Copies of your transcripts from each accredited college or university attended must be uploaded to the online application. Once admitted to the program, instructions for sending official, sealed transcripts will be provided. The minimum graduate admission requirement includes a bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Résumé – A copy of your current résumé is required and must be uploaded as part of the online application.
- Letters of Recommendation – Two letters of recommendation are required. Applicants to all programs should submit at least one letter from a professional contact, if possible. Ideally, one or both of your recommendations will come from a current or former direct supervisor. Academic recommendations are also appreciated for current undergraduates. Enter the recommenders' email addresses directly into the online application for electronic submission.
Your recommenders may submit a signed letter of recommendation or they may utilize the Common Letter of Recommendation template.
If your recommender(s) must submit a hard copy letter by mail, please request that s/he complete this form to include with her/his letter. Graduate Recommendation Form (PDF)
The Common Letter of Recommendation (LOR) effort is intended to save applicants and recommenders valuable time by providing a single set of recommendation questions for each participating school. You can download and share a template of the Common Letter of Recommendation with your recommenders. Our preference is that your recommenders minimally complete sections 1 and 3.
- Statement of Purpose or Essay – A 500 to 1000 word essay is required and must be uploaded to the online application. Please upload one document answering the following questions:
- What are your short and long-term professional goals and how this degree will help you achieve those goals?
- Your background, passions and personal interests are important to us. What are five things we don’t already know about you?
- Scholarship Statement – The USF School of Management offers general merit and special interest scholarships. Please review available scholarships and use this as your opportunity to explain your eligibility and/or qualifications for one or more of these scholarships.
- Optional Self Evaluation – Use this essay to evaluate your leadership and management skills, capabilities, and talents as they stand today. What would your colleagues/classmates say about you as a leader? What areas do you feel you could further develop?
- Optional Statement – Use this essay to share any additional information you would like us to consider as part of your application, for example gaps in employment, academic issues (probation, dismissal, failing grades, standardized test performance), etc.
- Interview – Interview requirements vary by program. All interviews are by invitation only. As such, should you be selected to interview, an invitation will be sent to the email account associated with your online application and include all necessary details.
- GMAT/GRE – A valid GMAT or GRE score is required for all Full-Time MBA and Part-Time MBA applicants. Please upload a copy of your score report to the online application and request that an official score report is sent to USF from ETS (GRE) or GMAC (GMAT).
- USF GRE Score Report Code: 4850
- USF GMAT Score Report Codes:
- Full-Time MBA: 91M-7L-48
- Part-Time MBA: 91M-7L-38
We are unable to admit any F-1-seeking international students to our Part-Time MBA program.
|APPLICATION DEADLINES||DECISION NOTIFICATIONS|
|August 15, 2017
October 16, 2017
November 15, 2017
|September 22, 2017
November 17, 2017
December 15, 2017
|APPLICATION DEADLINES||DECISION NOTIFICATIONS|
|November 15, 2017
January 15, 2018
|December 15, 2017
February 23, 2018
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 22, 2017