FlexMBA students are working professionals with a passion for innovation and the drive to create business success. They explore new ideas and opportunities and discover and develop ways to transform business and the world.
FlexMBA students excel in their current roles and are ready to take on more responsibility and make greater contributions. The part-time MBA program enables students to meet the goals they and their organizations have set for their educational and professional development.
Support for FlexMBA Students
Due to applicants' reduced ability to access and prepare for the GMAT or GRE as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Rady School will waive the GRE/GMAT requirement for all FlexEvening and FlexWeekend MBA applicants for Fall 2020. All applications must be submitted before the final deadline of July 15 for the Fall 2020 enrollment.
The FlexMBA is designed for working professionals with demanding jobs and responsibilities. The administrative support provided by the Rady School allows you to maximize your time focusing on your studies and building strong connections with fellow students, professors, and business leaders. When life happens, the FlexMBA staff offers advice and assistance to ensure you maintain your academic progress and achieve your goals.
Rady’s support services include:
- Course registration and parking pass distribution
- Meals and lodging on FlexWeekends
- Lodging during FlexEvening residentials and dinner for FlexEvening class nights
- Videotaping of classes missed for business reasons
- Textbooks and course material distribution
- Online learning management system providing syllabi, class materials and a communication channel for faculty and students
- Teaching assistants and review sessions with hours convenient for working professionals
- Rady study spaces open around the clock
- Access to Career Management Center
Choose your schedule
- Two evenings weekly
- Completed in 30 months.
- Complete your Rady MBA without regularly scheduled time away from your workplace.
- Opening and mid-program residentials provide more intensive interaction with classmates.
- Dinner provided on class evenings.
- Friday and Saturday of alternating weekends.
- Completed in 24 months.
- Focus fully on your education in intensive class periods.
- Meals and lodging provided during class weekends.
Transitioning from the Military
The Rady MBA core curriculum provides the analytical tools and business fundamentals needed to succeed in a business environment. Then, in your Lab to Market capstone project and in a variety of action learning electives, you will apply those fundamentals to real business problems, building a portfolio of experiences that assist in career transition. The Rady School’s small size means that our career development team can provide individualized attention as you assess your strengths and explore the career path that is right for you.
Advancing Your Military Career
Military leaders – both active and reserve – are increasingly well-educated, and the competition for top positions is tough. A Rady MBA creates a competitive career advantage by providing a rigorous education in business in an environment that aligns with the values of the military. More importantly, it enhances the contribution you can make to national defense, enabling you to be more effective in leading larger and more complex organizations in a period of change.
In appreciation of your service to our country, the Rady School of Management will waive the application fee for all current and former members of the military applying to any Rady MBA program. Please contact Graduate Admissions to receive the application fee waiver before submitting your application.
About the School
The Rady School of Management at UC San Diego is a professional school within one of the top-ranked institutions in the U.S. for higher education and research. Established in 2003 and accredited by AA ... Read More