About Sun Yat-sen University
Sun Yat-sen University, originally known as Guangdong University, was founded in 1924 by Dr. Sun Yat-sen (also called Sun Zhongshan), a great democratic revolutionary leader of the 20th century. The University is located in Guangdong Province, an area neighboring Hong Kong and Macao, which is at the forefront of China's reform and opening up.
Being one of the leading universities in the People's Republic of China, Sun Yat-sen University is a comprehensive multi-disciplinary university, including the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, technical sciences, medical sciences, pharmacology, and management sciences.
The University has also successfully built international cooperation and exchange relationships with many top universities in the world. According to the Times Higher Education World University Ranking for 2010-2011, Sun Yat-sen University was ranked in the top 200 in the world.
About Sun Yat-sen Business School
Established in 1985, Sun Yat-sen Business School (SYSBS) was instituted to offer a broad range of business degree programs. SYSBS is regarded as a leading business education institution, with both the "211" and "985" quality marks, and is one of the four prestigious institutions throughout China to be conferred the National Key Discipline for Business Administration and the National Discipline for Management Science. In 2012, China's MOE appointed SYSBS as one of fifteen pilot schools.
The school is divided into six departments – business administration, accounting, marketing, finance and investment, hospitality and service management, and management science, with a combined total of 109 full-time faculty members, 46 professors, 50 associate professors, and 13 assistant professors. SYSBS currently offers bachelor's degrees in business administration and management science, academic master's degrees in business and management, professional master's degrees (MBA, EMBA, MPAcc, MF, MAud, etc.), and doctoral degrees in business and management.
To enrich our students by providing a flourishing learning environment and integrating Chinese and Western management wisdom, grounded in integrity, innovation and social responsibility.
To develop principled and talented leaders - becoming China's Whampoa Military Academy in business.
International Accreditations and Rankings:
- SYSBS Earns Prestigious AACSB Business Accreditation in 2013
- Ranking by World Entrepreneur: China’s top 3 for “the most influential MBA program” for 2011.
- EMBA Programme Reaches 11th in the 2012 FT Ranking
- Top Three in China’s Most Influential MBA List in 2012
- Reached 58th in the eighth Financial Times (FT) master in management ranking and 7th in terms of Employment in 2012
- Received the official certificate of EQUIS accreditation on 14 June 2011, covering all of its MBA programs.
- Received the official certificate of AMBA accreditation on 23 February 2010, covering all of its MBA programs.
- Reached TOP 100 in The Economist in Global Full-time MBA ranking in 2016-2017.
Dates and Program Information IMBA program application period:
From Mid March to 5th May every year; Part-time IMBA: A 3-year English language MBA program, starts in every September. Attendance for the first year is required from Thursday to Sunday(only 4 days)/month; Attendance for the second and third year is every weekend.
Rewarded “Master of Business Administration Degree” after getting full credits and passing the final paper defenses.
Eligibility Criteria for the Admission
• Bachelor degree or above from a recognized university. • An acceptable GRE/GMAT/TOFEL/IELTS score within the period of validity is preferred. • At least 3 years professional or full-time work experience before admission is preferred. • Face to Face or online interview is needed. • More than two reference letters from associate professors or professors or professional supervisor. • Age: below 45, Healthy
Documents to be submitted to the school:
These documents with TWO copies are required—Hard Copy or Scanned Copy are both accepted.
- On-line application and application form: Please complete the online application procedure (http://www.studyinsysu.com) before you submit the paper application materials. The unfinished on-line applications will not be accepted. After finish the online application, please print out the application form, sign your name and send it to Business School, SYSU with the other application materials.
- Bachelor Transcript;
- Bachelor Degree Certificate;
- Passport Copy;
- Chinese visa Copy; (if you have)
- Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors (or from your superior officers)
Please send your application documents to address below:
Tel: +86 20 84115584 Fax:+86 20 84112501
MBA Admission Office, Business School, Sun Yat-sen University Address: S135 (Office), Business
School, Sun Yat-sen University, 135 Xin Gang Xi Road, Guangzhou, P.R. China, 510275
Program taught in: