Not everyone can press pause on their career. The SFU Beedie Part-Time MBA is designed for working professionals in the Metro Vancouver Regional District. Over 24 months, you’ll progress through the program with a small, diverse cohort of fellow professionals who all bring different perspectives to the table.
Instead of taking a career break, you attend classes two nights a week and apply what you learn the next day. It’s a transformative experience that starts pushing your career forward from day one.
Who it’s for
The 24-month SFU Beedie Part-Time MBA is ideal if you’re a full-time working professional in the early- to mid-stage of your career. You’re ready to learn more and develop new knowledge and skills, without taking a career break. And you’re willing to commit to evening studies at our breathtaking Surrey campus and on a weekend session each semester.
What you’ll learn
The Part-Time MBA curriculum consists of innovative and unique courses—everything from Indigenous perspectives to sustainability. You’ll learn through case studies that give you a deeper understanding of the real-world challenges facing businesses of all types. Simulations let you take the hypothetical role of a decision-maker so you have the opportunity to evaluate business challenges from different angles.
Where it can take you
The program enables you to progress in your career or develop the skills to change paths entirely, while you keep working. The curriculum combines theory and application, enabling you to build your confidence and make effective management decisions.
Study and learn, without taking a career break. The Part-Time MBA encourages knowledge transfer from class, to work, and back again. Bring your real-world business challenges into the classroom, and find out what your instructors and peers would do.
Most of your evenings and weekends will be free to help you maintain your work/study/life balance.
- 24 months, part-time
- Monday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm
- One weekend intensive per semester
- January start date
Photo courtesy of Simon Fraser University - Beedie School of Business
The award-winning Surrey campus of SFU is centrally located in Metro Vancouver and is easily accessible by transit.
- A four-year undergraduate degree with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0/4.33 (B) or a grade point average of at least 3.33/4.33 (B+).
- We require a minimum GMAT score of 550. We also accept the GRE exam (minimum score of 155 in each section). GMAT exceptions are available.
- Applicants should have a minimum of four years of professional work experience following completion of an undergraduate degree, with some management responsibilities.
- All applicants must be fluent in English. If your primary language is not English, you must demonstrate sufficient command of the English language through one of the two acceptable tests: TOEFL or IELTS.
- We are unable to consider applicants who are not currently working or have not been offered a full-time job in Vancouver or the surrounding area.
About the School
Since the creation of Canada’s first Executive MBA in 1968, Simon Fraser University’s Beedie School of Business has emerged as a dynamic teaching and learning setting with a reputation for producing g ... Read More