HEC Montréal's MBA: the Right Format, the Perfect Fit
HEC Montréal One-Year MBA: 12 months, full-time, in English or French
Comprised of over 600 hours of courses, HEC Montréal’s MBA provides an intense experience from which students will surely reap the rewards in their future careers.
HEC Montréal's MBA International Rankings
-- Top 10, BusinessWeek, 2004 and 2006
-- Top 20, Forbes, 2003, 2005, 2007 and 2009
-- Top 100, The Economist, 2006
-- Top 50, AméricaEconomia, 2009
HEC Montréal's MBA: A Broad Range of Teaching Methods
Half of the program's pedagogical approaches are focused on practical experiences designed to develop strong management and action skills.
- Case studies
- Debates and discussions
- Role playing
- Computer simulations
- Field projects
- Conferences and talks given by guest lecturers
- Individual and group oral presentations
- As of the very first week, students engage in business management simulations, which provide an intense experience allowing students to discover the many facets and complexities of management.
- Through the HEC Montréal Challenge, students solve a “live case” submitted by a corporate partner.
- Students can also opt for a supervised consulting field project, in which they carry out a consulting mandate for an actual business.
Students of the MBA program can get career advice from HEC Montréal’s Career Management Services, both during the program and throughout their career. Students and graduates benefit from the Réseau HEC Montréal, a network of over 57 000 alumni.
What’s more, they can:
- Take advantage of the MBA Career Management Program, workshops, career counselling and career search assistance, whether seeking employment near or far.
- Prepare for interviews with InterviewStream®, an interactive tool that helps job candidates practice answering interview questions: over 1000 of the most frequently asked questions, organized into categories.
- Receive employment offers by e-mail according to their areas of interest.
- Access CareerLeader®, a self-assessment and career management tool designed at Harvard University, specifically for an MBA clientele.
- Consult Vault®, the online career library, with full access to practical guides and over 2500 company profiles.
- Take part in the mentorship program offered jointly with the Réseau HEC Montréal alumni association.
- Use Going Global®, a specialized tool for international employment searches.
- Use the Knightsbridge® JOBspyder search engine to find employment in Canada.
- Take part in Career Days, the Job Fair, information sessions hosted by companies that are recruiting, and the annual MBA recruitment and networking event.
Admission Criteria - For the English Program
To be eligible for the MBA program, candidates must:
-- Hold a bachelor’s degree with an average deemed satisfactory. Studies completed under an international system and which are equivalent to a bachelor’s degree must total at least 16 years of studies, unless agreed otherwise. A limited number of candidates who do not possess a bachelor’s degree may be admitted on the basis of relevant work experience and excellent results on the admission tests. These candidates must hold a high-level position and have management experience considered outstanding by the admissions committee.
-- Have at least three years of post-graduation work experience. Candidates must attach to their application a curriculum vitae summarizing the various positions they have held. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any outstanding achievements of which they feel the admissions committee should be made aware.
-- Take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) before the deadline
-- Candidates who have never completed a program of study in English must take one of the following English language tests:
- HEC Montréal’s Test of Proficiency in English (HECTOPE)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
-- Candidates will also be judged on the following criteria:
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one of which must come from an employer attesting to the candidate’s performance in the workplace in which he or she acquired experience.
- Responses to the supplementary questions on the application form. Candidates are encouraged to take the time to consider each question carefully, as the responses are an opportunity for candidates to tell the admissions committee more about themselves and their motivations for pursuing an MBA. The responses will be used to ascertain candidates’ expectations and determine whether their career objectives are compatible with those of the program.
This school offers programs in: