By honing your skills in leadership, critical thinking and communication, you will work to improve your performance. Your Newcastle MBA journey has been carefully designed to provide you with the opportunity to:
You will emerge more confident, capable and better equipped to drive change within your organisation and excel in your career.
Immersive business experiences
Through experiential and applied learning, you will integrate your knowledge gained from across your MBA.
Year-long core modules
Business in Action runs throughout the year and offers you an innovative approach to management education. You will take part in a range of real-time challenges, using your skills and learning by applying them to operational and strategic issues within a constrained timeframe. You will gain valuable knowledge from business leaders, worldwide alumni and academic mentors.
The Personal and Professional Transformation module develops your understanding of your own career values and drivers. It is delivered through a structured series of:
- skills enhancement workshops
- personality testing
- leadership development activities
- career development planning sessions
You will work with the module team and our MBA Careers Adviser to develop and understand how to implement your personal and professional development plan.
The Leadership Series provides you with insight and knowledge from business leaders around the world on an array of topical business issues. It is a great opportunity for you to learn from those in leadership positions and network with our broader community.
Join digital leaders and innovators from the region in a live Q&A session as part of the elective Digital Business module.
Your corporate projects give you the opportunity to explore in practice the challenges and opportunities experienced by organisations. Projects are sourced across a variety of organisations and industries to give you exposure at a regional, national, or international scale.
Management consultancy project
Build on the consultancy and business skills you have learnt through the programme. You will work with your fellow students as a consulting team to respond to an organisation's project brief. You will then present a series of recommendations in response to the organisation’s objectives and deliverables.
Previous projects have included a:
- marketing and internationalisation strategy for an environmental products manufacturer
- social media led sales and marketing strategy for a healthcare organisation
- business growth model for a social enterprise
Your MBA culminates in a final project drawing together the entirety of your MBA learning. This includes an executive summary and a set of credible recommendations derived from your research and written for a management audience.
You can choose from a range of project options:
- Research project. Similar to a traditional dissertation, you will report on an in-depth project researching and analysing a business issue of interest and relevance to you.
- Corporate project. You will analyse and evaluate a current business issue with an external organisation. Apply for a project with one of our corporate partners, or source your own project from an organisation of your choice.
- Business plan. If you are planning to start your own business, you can choose to write a comprehensive business plan as your final project.
In an increasingly competitive marketplace, employers are looking for leaders with the knowledge, ability and ambition to shape the future of global organisations. With our MBA, you will develop these competencies and more from our global opportunities.
International study tour
Take part in a one-week international study tour that includes lectures at one of our partner business schools in Europe and visits to global businesses. This will give you the opportunity to apply your MBA learning in an international environment. This trip is optional and costs are not included in your tuition fees.
Transatlantic Virtual Case Competition
Work virtually across time zones and continents in collaboration with students from Boston University Questrom School of Business. You will compete in teams with peers from Boston to solve a business problem. Your team will receive coaching from our highly successful alumni mentors.
The competition culminates with a presentation of your team’s solution to a panel of esteemed judges.
Gain a global advantage
Each year, inspiring keynote speakers, interactive workshops and networking opportunities with prominent global leaders form part of our Career Development Week and Gain a Global Advantage event programmes.
As a member of our MBA cohort, you can reap the benefits of our global alumni programme throughout your MBA study and beyond. You will become part of our valued alumni network benefitting from our:
- established and active alumni across the world
- engaging calendar of events
- exclusive benefits and services for our students and graduates