Who will you be in one year? Let's find out.
A Mercy MBA has a lot to offer, the potential for one-year completion with unique Turbo start, GMAT optional, executive faculty.
You can't have fear in business, which is good - because you don't. You trust your gut, you aren't afraid to try new things. Aren't afraid to see how far you can climb. You have the grit and determination that it takes to succeed in business. And this is why you need a business degree.
Earn your MBA in the heart of the business capital of the world. In just one year, you can put the country's premier business credential in your hands.
You will learn through hands-on-experiences giving you the opportunity to work on real projects, for real clients.
Classes are taught by former executives, CEOs, CFOs, and entrepreneurs - industry leaders from Wall Street to Main Street - who bring their extraordinary professional experience into the classroom.
The program is flexible, with nights and weekend classes available in Dobbs Ferry, the Bronx and New York City allowing students to work while earning their degree.
Areas of Concentration
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Managerial Analytics
- Organizational Leadership
One-Year Turbo Program
The Turbo program is your ticket to a one-year MBA fast. With Turbo you are able to earn up to seven-course waivers and get a jump-start on your MBA.
Turbo is offered several times a year. Among our Dobbs Ferry, Bronx and Manhattan campuses it is offered at least once per quarter. See upcoming events to find the latest Turbo offerings.
Upcoming Turbo Dates:
- January 24 - February 17, 2017 - Manhattan Campus
- March 16 - April 8, 2017 - Bronx Campus
- April 25 - May 19, 2017 - Manhattan Campus
- June 10 - July 8, 2017 - Dobbs Ferry Campus
- July 20 - August 12, 2017 - Bronx Campus
- August 14 - September 9, 2017 - Manhattan Campus
- Earn your degree in just one year
- Program available in New York City, Dobbs Ferry, and the Bronx
- Taught by an executive faculty
- Strategic Consulting Institute- consulting projects for IBM and other major corporations include assignments focusing on real asset portfolio optimization, life sciences analytics, marketing assessments, and customer satisfaction surveys
- Flexible scheduling designed for professionals
- Business & non-business majors welcome
- GMAT optional
- Competitive scholarships available
- Advisory Board - IBM, PWC, JP Morgan, UBS, Accenture, and Merrill Lynch
The Master of Business Administration Degree at Mercy College is rooted in over a quarter century of tradition. It is an evolutionary program, geared to the requirements of today and the vision of tomorrow. The basic philosophy of the Master of Business Administration Program is to provide the graduate with an insight into the wide spectrum of business activity.
Strategic Consulting Institute
The Mercy College MBA program believes that experiential learning is important to the overall MBA experience. A unique aspect of our program is the Strategic Consulting Institute (SCI).
- The SCI gives students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in management consulting.
- SCI clients include IBM, The City of White Plains, Westchester County Association, a Neurosurgery Group, the Government of Tanzania and an Entertainment Company as well as other Industrial, Government or not-for-profits organizations.
- All Graduate Business students are welcome to participate
Participation in the SCI is entirely voluntary on the part of the student. Projects are performed under the advice of one or more faculty members who act as the Directing Partner for engagement. There are typically student teams of about six and engagements are performed in a highly professional manner, utilizing real-world consulting methodologies and last on average 8 - 12 weeks. Participation usually requires a commitment of 3 - 5 hours a week depending on the student's role in the project. Leadership consulting roles tend to require at least a five hour a week commitment.
- Submit a completed Mercy College application.
- Submit a baccalaureate transcript.
- Submit a current resume
- All international students must submit TOEFL scores and a formal evaluation of international coursework.
The applicant must have an acceptable record in undergraduate and other studies as reflected in official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Attention is given to overall grade averages, grade trends during undergraduate study and areas of scholastic strength. A strong knowledge of PC application in word processing, database, spreadsheets, and graphics is expected.
Students with a GPA below 3.0 are required to make an appointment for an interview with the Executive Director of Graduate Business Operations. GMAT is optional. Information and application forms for the test may be obtained from the Educational Testing Service, Box 966, Princeton, NJ, 08540. (800-GMAT-NOW).
The objective of the Master of Business Administration Program is to balance theory, reality, techniques, and concepts that facilitate understanding of the spectrum of diverse management challenges. This is accomplished through the student's exposure to a rigorous curriculum and a professional faculty with credentials in both corporate and academic disciplines. A strong, integrated approach produces a graduate who has developed foundational skills in analysis, oral communication and decision-making that foster an ever-evolving search for knowledge.
- Students should be able to solve problems using fundamental core business principles
- Students should be able to synthesize information and analyze data to make business decisions
- Students should be able to articulate ideas and defend positions
- Students should be able to apply global business perspectives appropriately
- Students should be able to work effectively in a team
- Students should be able to evaluate ethical dilemmas to determine the impact of possible actions on stakeholder groups
Expectations of the Graduate
Graduates of the Master of Business Administration program will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of:
- The application of essential business skills in decision-making, identifying problems, evaluation of options and implementation of recommended solutions.
- The utilization of foundational quantitative analysis and research skills to develop managerial strategies.
- Diverse communication strategies within the global business environment.
- The importance of today's manager as a leader and facilitator.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 22, 2017