- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Scope: 60 or 90 credit points
- Duration: 2 semesters full-time or 4 semesters extra-occupational
- Language of instruction: German, partly English
- Study places: 50
- Start of the study: each in March
- Application deadline: until 30th September
- Costs: depending on the study variant, 15,770 euros (60 CP for a first diploma or master's degree) or 19,680 euros (90 CP for a bachelor's degree with 210 CP) (subject to the formal amendment decision) plus approx. 200 euros semester contributions per semester ; Business Administration Preliminary Course: 980 Euro
- Head: Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Schaltegger
Today for Tomorrow manage - the MBA Sustainability Management qualifies comprehensively implement sustainable entrepreneurial. The world's first "Green MBA" has been providing students with knowledge and tools for tomorrow since 2003: with know-how on CSR and sustainability management, innovation management, entrepreneurship as well as soft skills and a strong network.
The MBA Sustainability Management qualifies you through a variety of technical and interdisciplinary course contents, sustainable development and corporate social responsibility (CSR) entrepreneurial implement. The MBA opens the way to leadership positions and new career options through specialist, personal and managerial skills as well as a broad network. More than 650 students and alumni and numerous practical partners form the largest network on sustainability management.
Become a Change Agent for Sustainability
We are looking for personalities with a first degree, who want to promote sustainable development in business and society and strive for a career leap. You can make your studies flexible and complete either full-time or extra-occupational.
- The program is designed for management education and concludes with the accredited and internationally recognized title "Master of Business Administration" (MBA).
- The further education course combines CSR and sustainability management with innovation management, soft skills and entrepreneurship.
- The program qualifies you to design companies or organizations responsibly and thereby contribute to sustainable development profitably.
- The Center for Sustainability Management (CSM) of the Leuphana University Lüneburg is a leading competence center for sustainability management and an internationally oriented research hub for sustainable entrepreneurship and offers the MBA as part of the advanced training model of the Professional School.
For whom is the MBA suitable?
The MBA Sustainability Management is aimed at further thinking individuals who want to manage the future here and now and make - in companies of all industries and sizes from start-up to global corporations, in associations, governments, NGOs and international organizations.
Design change in your sphere of activity - as a manager and specialist at switchboards in purchasing, logistics, sales and marketing or as an expert in environmental and sustainability departments. Public administration employees can raise their profile through the MBA and provide non-governmental organizations with the expertise they need to critically and constructively manage corporate change.
Different subject disciplines, positions, backgrounds, worlds - exactly this diversity of the students makes the MBA study exciting.
Flexible To the MBA in Sustainability Management
The MBA Sustainability Management is offered as a blended learning course: We combine the benefits of digital e-learning and face-to-face events. So you can study the MBA in a flexible and extra-occupational way - how, when and where you want it. In addition to interactive formats and exercises as well as webinars or group work on the learning platform, up to ten face-to-face events take place during which you will learn intensively with your fellow students on site.
An independent care team looks after the students of the MBA Sustainability Management. The MBA team at the Center for Sustainability Management takes care of you individually from the start to the end of your studies. We respond flexibly to your needs and find solutions together.
The modular structure of the study allows an individual course of study. A change from full-time to part-time or vice versa is possible. Depending on the study variant, the MBA will lead to the internationally recognized Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree within 2 to 6 semesters.
Offers for prospective students
Use the online information webinar: Learn more about trends in sustainability management and get to know the contents and study conditions in a free online information event.
Request a test study: The test study gives you an insight into the functions of the learning platform of the MBA and offers a self-study in business administration. For a non-binding access, please send us an e-mail with your name to email@example.com (subject "Teststudium).
Personal advice: We are happy to answer all questions regarding the MBA Sustainability Management and advise you on the planning of your continuing education studies. On request, we can arrange for you to have MBA students or alumni from your region or industry for an exchange. Feel free to contact us.
Studying as a host: As a guest auditor, you can take the module "Sustainable Entrepreneurship