The Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program prepares individuals for careers in management. More specifically, its aim is to provide an opportunity for men and women to develop knowledge, abilities, attitudes, and understanding that will constitute a foundation for growth into competent business management professionals, qualifying graduates to seek employment in major industries, including computer-related services, investment banking/securities and consulting in the areas of marketing, research, analysis, and/or finance.
The Westcliff MBA program prepares you for a career in management or entrepreneurship. At Westcliff University you will"
- Work in diverse teams, make presentations, and lead case study analyses
- Build a foundation in management principles
- Develop your ability to think critically and problem solve creatively
- Take advantage of workshops and guest speaker presentations, offered throughout the year on both online and hybrid programs.
- Network with students and faculty working in a wide range of industries
- Equally important, you will learn from professors who are senior managers or business owners.
MBA Program Objectives
Westcliff University’s Masters of Business Administration program seeks to develop persons who can function successfully in upper middle management and top management positions. The emphasis is on strategic management concepts and principles. The M.B.A. program makes use of recent research findings, uses complex computer models, stresses the importance of human relations skills, and integrates strategic management processes through an objective worldview.
The following are the educational program objectives for the Master of Business Administration:
- Develop mastery of functional components of business – economics, marketing, accounting, finance, law, organizational behavior, and leadership.
- Assess effectively, both orally and in writing, information and ideas pertinent to business decision marketing.
- Appraise current information technology effectively to support business decision making.
- Value and integrate diversity and a global perspective in business decisions.
- Compile independent, critical thinking, and reasoning skills to critique problems and develop problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Integrate ethical issues in a business context and formulate alternatives that demonstrate ethical values.
MBA Program Required Courses
CORE REQUIREMENTS (27 CREDIT HOURS)
- BUS 500 Organizational Leadership
- BUS 505 Managerial Economics
- BUS 510 Marketing Management
- BUS 525 Strategic Management in a Globalized Economy
- BUS 530 Managing Information Systems & Technology
- BUS 535 Managerial Accounting
- BUS 540 Organizational Behavior
- BUS 550 Financial Management
- BUS 557 Applied Methods Capstone
MBA AREAS OF CONCENTRATION (9 CREDIT HOURS)
- General Management
- Financial Management
- International Business
- Organizational Management
- Health Care Management/Administration
- E-Business Management
Total 36 credit hours
Imagine Where a Business Degree Can Take You
Possible career opportunities for professionals with an MBA include:
- Operations Management
- Senior Account Executive
- Director of Marketing
- Director of Sales
- Director of Operations
- Associate Professor
- Curriculum Developer
- Interview with the Admissions Committee
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution
- Personal statement of professional goals
- Letters of recommendation from 2 professional sources
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 7, 2018