Graduate Programs in the College of Business Administration
Connect, achieve, and advance your career with nationally-ranked and accredited graduate programs in business that fit your life.
Whether you’re following a new career path or advancing the one you are currently on, the College of Business Administration (CBA) will prepare you for the challenges of the global economy and help you stand out in a growing and changing marketplace.
Connect with talented individuals from around the globe, build and sharpen your professional skills, and achieve your goals, all at an affordable price.
Learn more here!
Graduate degree programs
Nationally ranked and accredited programs that fit your life.
A graduate degree from the College of Business Administration (CBA) is one of the best ways to prepare for the challenges of the global economy, whether you have an undergraduate degree in business or in some other discipline. We offer flexible evening programs, convenient locations, a diverse student body, and knowledgeable, accessible, expert faculty who focus on student instruction. The CBA Graduate Program provides high-quality graduate programs that are nationally ranked and accredited. Read more about this here.
Gain a strategic and integrative perspective
At the CBA, students report they gain:
- Ethical decision-making skills,
- Strategic, integrative multidisciplinary perspectives,
- Critical thinking, analytical, and decision-making skills,
- Stronger innovative and creative abilities, and
- Comfort with change.
Come to a graduate school that fits with both your aspirations and busy life.
Join us at The University of Akron
World-class faculty. Recognition for excellence.
The College of Business Administration at the University of Akron is ranked as a Top 50 Business School by Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
We hold the highest level of business school accreditation by AACSB International, we're one of only 3 percent worldwide to hold that designation.
Our respected faculty are experts with real-world experience. Their research is published in top journals, and every day they demonstrate a passion for student learning and success.
Master's of Business Administration (MBA)
The Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) program at the College of Business Administration (MBA) helps students get ready to make a difference in any organization. By completing graduate work in business, you will be prepared to understand causes and effects across business functions and manage the uncertainties of the marketplace. Our MBA program is structured so students take an array of general courses across business disciplines, then focus on an area of interest, through market-relevant MBA concentrations. Our concentrations include:
- Global Technological Innovation
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Strategic Marketing
- Supply Chain Management
The Flexible Interdisciplinary MBA – Revised for Fall 2020
This Interdisciplinary MBA allows students the flexibility to customize their electives. Students can craft select electives to add courses to suit their goals and may be outside of business. Graduate courses may be selected from among all CBA departments, other colleges on campus or transferred from another university. Transfer courses must fall within the six-year time frame for program completion.
Course Format and Scheduling Options
Flexible MBA course formats include 100% online courses or hybrid courses which offer a combination of online and in-person work.
- To complete the degree, students may enroll on a full-time or part-time basis and may select a combination of online and hybrid classes OR choose to enroll only in online or hybrid classes.
- Most classes are offered in either format at least once per year. Part-time students who choose only online or a hybrid option may take two to three years to complete the program depending on course selections.
- Classes are generally offered in back-to-back eight week sessions. This allows working professionals to focus on one class at a time and still complete six credits in a semester. Students may take more classes each session if they prefer.
- Hybrid classes meet one evening per week, Monday through Thursday, from 6 to 8:30 with additional coursework done online.
- A few concentration courses are still offered in one 15 week session. Most courses will be converted to an 8-week hybrid schedule.
- Each of the three one-credit professional classes is offered on one or two class sessions on Saturday each semester.
You don't need an undergraduate business degree to pursue an MBA!
Saturday MBA Program
Complete an MBA in Two Years Attending Class Every Other Saturday
Our next cohort will be offered in August 2020, on our main campus in downtown Akron. The deadline to apply will be August 1, 2020.
The College of Business Administration (CBA) makes it possible for working professionals outside of Akron to complete a graduate degree in two years. Students take courses taught by the same expert faculty who are part of our highly ranked part-time MBA (national rankings.) In addition, The University of Akron offers one of the most affordable tuition rates in Northeast Ohio for an AACSB-accredited MBA.
The Saturday MBA is a cohort-based program, in which a group of students starts at the same time and completes the program together by attending Saturday sessions. This format provides a team environment that is conducive to learning.
Program features include:
- Classes meet every other Saturday, from 8 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- Students take three courses each semester, one at a time, to complete their degree in six semesters, including summers.
- Students take one course at a time over 3-4 Saturday sessions.
- All students are enrolled in the Interdisciplinary MBA Concentration, which consists of three elective courses approved by the Graduate Programs Director to provide students with marketplace-relevant content.
- Each student completes a project applying their knowledge and skills to an area of personal and/or career interest or participate in a study abroad.
- For student convenience, the class schedule is established in advance, and our staff handles all course registration needs.
- On occasion, local business executives hold informal question-and-answer sessions for Saturday MBA students.
- Lunch is provided during on-site class sessions.
- Free parking.
Tuition and fees
- $33,000 total program rate, divided into semester payments
Additional fees may apply for non-Ohio residents.
- Fall - August: 8/24/2020
- Spring - January: 1/11/2021
- Summer Intersession and 8 week 1: 5/17/2021
- Summer 5 week 1 and 8 week 2: 6/7/2021
- Summer 5 week 2: 7/12/2021
NOTE: Summer has multiple terms: Most summer classes are offered online. So International students who want to start in summer could take those classes online prior to coming to the United States for the Fall semester. US ICE requirements expect international students to take in-person courses in the first semester in the United States which cannot be done at UA in the summer.
Apply here: https://www.uakron.edu/cba/graduate/applying/
About the School
Historically, our focus has been on having strong programs and experiences to attract quality students and faculty. Today, this focus remains as we carry out our mission: To prepare our students to be ... Read More