The evening MBA program is specifically designed for managers from the public, NGO, and private sectors. Such executives will have full-time job responsibilities and cannot afford to attend an advanced management education on a full-time basis.
Classes run from 5.00 pm to 10.00 pm for two weeks every two to two and a half months, every two to two and a half months, for a period of two years. The course is designed to accommodate a mix of professionals with various backgrounds, who manage business entities like various companies, factories, and hospitals just to mention a few; as well as public servants, members of parliament and entrepreneurs, etc.
The evening class MBA is offered in the ESAMI member countries.
These venues are located in Arusha, Mwanza, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Nairobi, Kenya; Kampala, Uganda; Lusaka, Zambia; Lilongwe and Blantyre, Malawi; Harare, Zimbabwe; Windhoek and Oshakati, Namibia; Mbabane, Swaziland; Maputo, Mozambique; Mahe, Seychelles.
The total fee for the 2-year degree program is US$ 7,000. Advance payments are made annually or per semester by arrangement. The fee covers tuition and limited materials. It does not include textbooks among other exclusions.
Candidates eligible for Masters programs must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
- International recognized full professional qualification. Candidates must have passed ALL qualifying examinations.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English.
- At least three years of work experience.
The Candidate must submit an application form with the following:
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copy of the official transcript.
- Copies of O’ and A’ level certificates.
- At least one letter of recommendation from a person who is in a position to judge the candidate’s ability.
- Passport size photo.
- A non-refundable processing fee of US$30.
All documents accompanying the application must be in English.
- BSG09101 Corporate Management
- BSG09301 Leading Change and Restructuring
- BSG09102 Strategic Human Resource Management
- BSG09104 Gender in Management
- BSG09305 Research Methods
- BSG09205 Corporate Governance
- BSG09201 Environmental Management for Business
- BSG09104 Financial Accounting
- BSG09105 Corporate Finance
- BSG09106 Management Accounting
- BSG09202 Global Corporate Strategy
- BSG09203 Finance in International Markets
- BSG09204 Global Supply Chain Management
- BSG09206 Innovation and New Business Ventures
- BSG09303 Managerial Economics
- BSG09304 Marketing Management
- BSG09401 Business and Company Law
- BSG09302 Policy Analysis
- BSG09402 Project Management
- BSG09403 ICT for Strategic Decision Making
- BSG09404 Master Thesis
About the School
The Eastern and Southern African Management Institute (ESAMI) is an intergovernmental regional management development centre. ESAMI's head office is located in Arusha, Tanzania.