The ADSM MBA program focuses on entrepreneurship and innovation is delivered in association with Imperial College Business School, one of the world’s top-ranked business schools.
It creates strategic leaders seeking solutions to global issues with local and international expertise.
Our MBA is one of the most unique in the UAE and the GCC region.
Whether you work for a large organization or are thinking of starting your own business, the ADSM MBA develops innovation and entrepreneurship to help you drive new opportunities and meet global challenges.
It opens up a world of possibilities through both a practical and theoretical approach so you can immediately apply what you learn. Our MBA students and alumni are senior managers and leaders from a range of backgrounds and industries who are making a real difference in the UAE and GCC region.
Signature Learning Experience
ADSM’s MBA program incorporates Signature Learning Experiences (SLEs) into the curriculum to develop entrepreneurial leaders. These education experiences occur throughout the program, giving students the opportunity to integrate the knowledge gained in the classroom and apply it to entrepreneurial decision making.
Program Learning Outcomes
There are six learning outcomes for the MBA program that each graduate is expected to achieve by the time of graduation from the program. These are:
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative Thinking: ADSM MBA graduates can identify, assess, and shape opportunities in a variety of contexts. They use creative and innovative approaches to develop and act on opportunities to create value for stakeholders and society.
- Ethics and Social Responsibility: ADSM MBA graduates demonstrate the ability and inclination to make decisions based on values and take action that shows an awareness of an attempt to serve all stakeholders.
- Integration: ADSM MBA graduates draw upon multiple functional perspectives concurrently to shape comprehensive responses to business challenges and opportunities.
- Global Perspective: ADSM MBA graduates recognize and evaluate global opportunities while incorporating cultural context and complexities associated with managing in a global environment.
- Business Acumen: ADSM MBA graduates generate and synthesize information, then apply functional business skills to make and implement timely and informed decisions.
Teamwork: ADSM MBA graduates recognize the importance of effective teamwork, value diverse perspectives and skills, and willingly assume a variety of roles to accomplish team goals.
Accreditation and Affiliation
The program is accredited by the UAE Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs through the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA). ADSM has recently joined the Association of MBAs (AMBA) development network.
Classes are held over one intensive weekend every month
(Thursday 4-8 PM, Friday and Saturday 9 am - 6 pm- lunch provided)
There is also one additional session every month, following the intensive session.
(4-8 pm –usually on Wednesday)
Length of Program
The MBA program can be completed in 14-15 months.
For direct admission, MBA students are required to have a Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 cumulative GPA from an accredited college or university and a TOEFL score of 550 (CBT of 213, or iBT of 80, or IELTS 6.0 or equivalent).
In order to apply, students must:
- File a completed Graduate Student Application.
- Submit a resume or c.v.
- Submit an attested Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Provide an official college or university transcript from all institutions of higher education attended.
- Submit the results of a standardized English test or another standardized, internationally-recognized test that is approved by the Commission for Academic Accreditation.
- Provide a copy of their National ID (if Emirati) or a copy of valid passport (if non-Emirati).
- Provide one passport photo.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of 500 AED.
- Provide a copy of the Emirates ID.
Eligibility for Graduation
In order to be eligible for an MBA degree at ADSM, a student must:
- Satisfactorily complete a minimum of 33 credit hours of coursework including passing grades in all 13 core courses and the three semesters of the Experiential Learning Framework (ELF).
- Attain a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average on all credit earned at the School, based on a 4.0 point scale.
- Satisfactorily complete a majority of his or her credits at the School (no more than 6 units not in residence).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 11, 2018