WPI’s MBA Program for STEM Professionals is designed for those who want to leverage their STEM knowledge and work experience to bring them to the next level in their careers. Our blended program helps students expand on their skill sets so they develop a broader understanding of how technology and business issues are interconnected. Students gain expertise with the organization, leadership, and managing resources—both human and financial.
Using online learning and robust face-to-face interaction, the program’s format emulates the real world as students work closely with faculty, form multidisciplinary teams, and coordinate action across geographic distances, time zones, cultural perspectives, and languages. The MBA Program for STEM Professionals is student-centered, inquiry-driven, and problem-oriented from start to finish and offers the flexibility to complete the degree requirements around your other obligations.
The rigorous and nationally acclaimed WPI MBA program draws on the university’s strengths in technology, engineering, and science to prepare innovative and well-rounded leaders ready to make an impact in a complex business world. The Capstone experience will allow you to apply the skills, methods, and knowledge gained to solve a significant problem for a real client.
- Teaming and Organizing for Innovation
- The Heart of Leadership: Power, Reflection, and Interpersonal Skills
- Designing Operations for Competitive Advantage
- Accounting and Finance Fundamentals
- Financial Intelligence and Strategic Decision Making
- Business Law, Ethics, and Social Responsibility
- Strategy in Technology-based Organizations
- Technology Commercialization: Theory, Strategy, and Practice
- Financial Decision Making for Value Creation
- Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation
- Performance Measurement and Management
- Innovating with Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Capstone Project
- The Edge of Technology in STEM Industries
Choose one course:
- Leading Change
Foisie Business School MBA graduates are employed in some of the best high-profile positions in world-renowned companies such as EMC, Walt Disney Company, Genzyme, ExxonMobil, Intel, and GE. Hundreds of other corporations employ WPI MBA graduates, and many management alumni have started and grown their own business ventures.
Resources for International Students
The International House provides ongoing programs and essential services to assist, guide, and support international students and scholars in their transition to U.S. society and academic culture.
A technology-centric world needs business-savvy professionals
The Foisie Business School graduate admissions team will help you find the right degree program for your career goals, guide you through the application process, and, if you are admitted, assure you are on the right track for success.
WPI generally attracts candidates with backgrounds in engineering, science, and information technology, but many of our graduate business students are also marketers, entrepreneurs, researchers, financial managers, and medical practitioners. Whatever your focus when you come in, you will leave with a keen business sense for a technology-centric world. WPI graduate business students are bright, hardworking, committed individuals from across the globe and industry spectrum.
WPI is accepting applications for fall 2019. Scholarships are available.
The following application deadlines apply:
- For U.S. applicants - July 15 (fall) / December 15 (spring)
- For International applicants - June 15 (fall) / November 6 (spring)
- For Ph.D. applicants - February 1 (fall)
After the deadlines have passed, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Required testing information
Any international applicant seeking to attend WPI on an F-1 Student Visa must submit official TOEFL scores or IELTS scores. However, if applicants have two years of continuous full-time college study completed within the last five years, in a country whose official language is English, he or she can apply for a TOEFL/IELTS waiver by contacting an admissions counselor.
While WPI requires a minimum TOEFL score of 84, the Foisie School of Business requires a minimum TOEFL score of 90 or IELTS score of 7. The Foisie School of Business requires a GMAT score of 500 or its equivalent on the GRE. There are no minimum GRE scores, but the average for admitted students over the past three years has been 150 verbal, 165 quantitative, and 3.0 analytical.
- Department/Program: Foisie School of Business
- Online Application Submission Deadline: Domestic applicants should apply by Jul 15 for fall and Dec 15 for spring. International applicants should apply by Jun 15 for fall and Nov 6 for spring. Decisions are made on a rolling basis.
- All Credentials Deadline: We recommend completing your application within 15-30 days of submission. An interview may be offered once all credentials have arrived.
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary colleges or universities: Required
- Application fee of $70: Required
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of professional recommendation from individuals you have worked with who can comment on your qualifications for pursuing graduate study are required. Please invite your recommenders to submit their letters electronically via the online application.
- GRE: GMAT or GRE scores are required; waivers could be available for WPI alumni who have achieved a 3.0 GPA or higher and may be waived for applications with special circumstances. For more information please see below.
- Statement of Purpose: Required; a resume is also required.
- Video Essay: Required: Online video interview, completed at your convenience.