Is the MBA Program Right for You?
Are you interested in advancing your current career? Are you looking for a career change that will bring you new challenges and opportunities? Or are you hoping to gain new knowledge and skills to position yourself in the best possible way for future employment? If so, you should consider the MBA at USFSM!
This professional MBA is a 40 credit-hour program that exposes students to a wide spectrum of business functions including accounting, finance, management, marketing, information systems and more. At USFSM, students have access to several advantages, such as:
- World-Class Education: USFSM is accredited by AACSB and recognized as comparable in quality to any major business program in the world.
- Outstanding Faculty: All program faculty hold terminal degrees, actively research and are recognized experts in their fields.
- Cutting-Edge Curriculum: Students will be exposed to a variety of topics and teaching methods that reflect the best practices of business and education.
- Great Value: USFSM offers the relatively small class sizes of a private university at the price of a state university.
- Saturday Classes: All of our classes are on Saturdays, allowing our students to work full-time and still pursue their MBA.
- Flexibility: USFSM’s students can pursue their MBA full-time and earn their degree in as little as 22 months, or part-time and finish their degree as their schedule permits. USFSM also allows students an option to enter the program without having to take the GMAT or GRE.
The program offers working or non-working students in the Sarasota and Manatee County area geographical convenience, flexibility, quality, and affordability. A variety of instructional methods are used to engage students, depending upon the nature of the course material. These include case studies, experiential learning, group projects, presentations, and educational technology, as well as the more traditional lecture discussion approach. The focus of our approach to education is to help students develop the insights and skills necessary to reach integrative and innovative solutions to today’s complex business challenges.
The program is accredited through the University of South Florida’s College of Business, which is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International: In addition, the University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Applicants must meet the University requirements as well as the requirements listed below.
Program Admission Requirements
- Upper-Level GPA of 3.00
- 500 or higher GMAT score or 1,050 or higher score if GRE taken before August 1, 2011 or 300 or higher if GRE taken after August 1, 2011.
- International applicants from non-English-speaking countries must also have a TOEFL score of 550 or higher on the written version, a minimum score of 213 on the computer-based test or a 79 on the internet-based test
- Two (2) years of full-time work experience preferred, but not required prior to enrollment.
- A resume
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
Student must be formally admitted or conditionally admitted into the MBA Program before being allowed to take courses.
Conditional Admission Requirements
An applicant who has not taken the GMAT/GRE may be conditionally admitted provided that s/he has
1) at least one (1) year of full-time work experience,
2) an undergraduate upper-level GPA of 3.00 and above, and
3) an undergraduate degree from an institution having an AACSB-accredited business school (EQUIS accreditation also accepted for international applicants) or membership in Beta Gamma Sigma.
Conditionally admitted applicants who earn a GPA of 3.20 or above in three (3) of the following courses within a year shall be admitted to the MBA program.
- Six (6) credit hours from any two (2) of the following three (3) credit hour courses: ACG 6026, ECO 6005, QMB 6303, FIN 6406
- Three (3) credit hours from the following three (3) credit hour courses: MAN 6055, MAR 6815, ISM 6405
Regardless of whether you plan to work in manufacturing or services, for profit or not for profit, government or private sectors, the skills you will hone in the USFSM MBA program will help you throughout the rest of your career in any field you choose.
The underlying principles are the same whether you are the CEO of a large corporation or an entrepreneur working alone starting a new business. It is not only the diploma that you will have when you finish the MBA program at USF Sarasota-Manatee, it is the education that you will receive while earning your diploma that will help you find your success.
About the School
At USF Sarasota-Manatee, we believe a personalized approach to learning makes all the difference. When you join our community, you’re more than just another student. Our focus is on you every step of ... Read More