Master of Business Administration
The Kutztown University Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is a creative and flexible professional degree program. Its mission is to maximize the professional development of participants by providing a solid foundation for building effective leaders who will excel in diverse business environments.
The MBA program at Kutztown University is tailored to provide students with:
● A breadth of understanding of the functional areas of business
● Comprehension of the concepts, strategies, processes, and skills used in managerial decision-making
● A sense of responsibility to society and a commitment to ethical conduct
The MBA Express
One distinctive feature of our program is that we are ready to bring you on board as soon as you have been admitted to the program. Our courses start in September, January, and May - choose your start date!
● Express Review: Within three business days, we'll review your unofficial transcript and let you know exactly what you need to get started on the road to your MBA. In the Express Review, we tell you promptly where you stand and what you'll need to do. Once we have received all elements of your application packet - official transcript, resume, references, test scores (GMAT or GRE), statement of purpose, and other materials - and assess your fulfillment of the foundation course requirement (see below), we will confirm your admission status within days of receiving your completed application packet.
● Trimester Schedule - Our courses start in September, January, and May - choose your start date!
● Express Delivery - Many students, depending on background, can earn the degree in as little as 22 months. This is accomplished by taking classes two nights a week in five, 12-week sessions.
The Foundation Course Requirements
The Kutztown University MBA program ensures that students acquire basic competencies in foundation course requirements, including these areas:
● Financial Accounting
● Financial Management
● Business Law OR Legal Environment of Business
Our MBA program applicants come from a wide variety of academic and professional backgrounds. Students with undergraduate degrees in business will have completed most or all of the foundation courses. Students with other undergraduate majors have many options for acquiring their foundation course requirements.
You may take courses in these subjects at Kutztown University or at any other regionally accredited college or university.
This foundation is not a requirement for admission to the MBA program, but it is a requirement for the M.B.A. degree. Furthermore, the satisfaction of each of these foundations is a prerequisite to one or more of the required courses in the M.B.A. curriculum. For example, you must have a foundation in Financial Accounting before you may enroll in ACC 520, Management Accounting Control Systems. The MBA course director or your academic advisor will work with you to design a plan that works well for you.
When you are admitted to the program, you are assigned an MBA Advisor, a full-time faculty member of the College of Business who provides you with academic and professional guidance as you complete the program. However, all professors in the program can, and often do, spend extensive time with students helping out - so you have many sources to turn to for advice.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 29, 2017