MBA with Applied Management Option: The Applied Management Option is focused on “hands-on” development of students’ intellectual and creative capacities. The program addresses a broad range of business-related skills emphasizing a combination of teamwork, writing, contemporary global and ethical issues, and analytical skills that can be immediately put into practice.
MBA with Accountancy Concentration: The Accountancy Concentration is intended for students who have completed an undergraduate degree in accounting, and the program will prepare students to meet the educational requirements necessary to take the Certified Public Accountant examination.
MBA with Research Option: The Research Option is designed for students who want to focus on business research and quantitative methods for research. Students would want to complete the Research Option if their goals are to continue their education and pursue a Ph.D., or if they have an interest in conducting research with a faculty mentor.
MBA with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Option: The GIS Option is designed to support careers using computer systems to capture, store, manipulate, analyze, manage and present spatial or geographical data in a variety of fields including management, logistics, insurance, and telecommunications.
FULL-TIME & PART-TIME FLEXIBILITY
The MBA program at Eastern Illinois University is designed so that students can complete their program of study on a part-time or full-time basis. Classes offered at Eastern's campus in Charleston starting at 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Classes available in Champaign at Parkland College begin at 6:30 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. All MBA classes offered at Parkland or Eastern are taught by full-time, doctorally qualified faculty from EIU's School of Business.
FACILITIES & LOCATIONS
Lumpkin Hall on Eastern Illinois University's campus in Charleston, IL is the home of the MBA program. This state-of-the-art facility offers the latest computer technology in classrooms and computer labs, including wireless internet access, extensive software, and electronic communication capabilities.
The modern campus of Parkland College in Champaign, IL serves as an off-campus site for Eastern's MBA program. This major urban location serves the needs of adult professionals with the flexibility of a fully-accredited program for students needing part-time study.
Eastern has seen vast improvements to its campus over the past few years. The Booth Library renovation project was one of the most successful projects to be completed recently. The newly-renovated library is a beautiful, state-of-the-art research facility located on Eastern's campus within a few hundred yards of Lumpkin Hall, where all core MBA classes are held.
APPLICATION PROCESS - INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
International applicants must apply through the office of International Students & Scholars. The following items must be sent to the International Students & Scholars Office:
- International Admission Application along with an application fee ($30)(applicants must meet all of the requirements for admission set forth by International Programs, including 2.75 or higher GPA for full admission)
- Approved financial affidavit form
- Official raised seal transcript
- Documentation of English mastery (TOEFL or IELTS)
Official transcripts from other institutions attended; if at the time of application you have not yet completed a bachelor's degree, an official transcript showing completion of the degree must be on file in the Graduate School prior to the start of your first semester in the MBA Program.
The following materials must be submitted directly to the MBA Office:
- Meet all of the requirements for admission to the Graduate School
- Submit official GMAT or GRE scores, taken within the past five years Minimum GMAT score is 400-Verbal 18, Quantitative 23, Analytical Writing 3.5, Integrative Reasoning 3. Minimum combined Verbal and Quantitative GRE score total = 292; Verbal 140, Quantitative 143, Analytical Writing 3.5. Score at least 1,000 points based on the following formula: (200 x GPA) + GMAT (or GMAT equivalent) total score
- Submit an online MBA Program Application
- Submit completed and signed Honor Code
- Submit current resume clearly describing employment experience.
- Submit two completed Recommendation Forms sent directly to the MBA Office (preferably one should be from a previous or current employer).
- Submit a one-page professional goal statement describing the personal career and academic goals and the preparation required to meet those goals.
- Submit official transcripts from other institutions attended.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 22, 2017