The MBA degree program at TCNJ prepares early-career professionals for excellence in today’s global economy.
Preparing students for a complex and evolving global market, the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program delivers solid career skills from a renowned institution with a sterling reputation. U.S. News ranks TCNJ #1 among regional public institutions in the northeast.
About the MBA at TCNJ
The Master of Business Administration degree program is offered by the acclaimed TCNJ School of Business. Our professionally accomplished faculty engage students in experiential learning through interactive pedagogy and participation in leadership opportunities—including research, conferences, networking, global perspective, and mentoring.
- 14 Courses
- 2 Specializations
- 42 Academic credits
- T-Style Curriculum with Hybrid Learning
- Data Analytics
- Strategy, Innovation, and Leadership
- Finance, Begins fall 2020
T-Style Graduate Business Education
Employers desire and need employees with strong skill sets in specific areas and a broad understanding of business on which they can build. Employees want to economically use their time and resources to build and enhance successful careers. Our “T” Style MBA program imparts a mastery of business specialization first, followed by broader knowledge in the MBA core studies.
Students complete a seven-course sequence in their chosen specialization and gain expertise that’s immediately applicable.
Students complete seven core courses to learn how to navigate broad, executive-level issues and complete their MBA degrees.
Who should pursue this degree
The program’s hybrid structure and two-year completion complements early career goals and also facilitates the broader objectives of working professionals who seek to enhance their ability to compete at the highest level in business. It is designed for:
- Professionals 2+ years into their careers.
- Students seeking greater depth and breadth of highly marketable skill sets.
Curriculum for the MBA
The Master of Business Administration degree requires 42 academic credits (approximately 14 courses). The lockstep curriculum is designed to be completed in two years. The T-Style curriculum delivers a focused specialization followed by the MBA Core.
Hybrid learning offers depth and flexibility
The TCNJ MBA degree program combines the best of online learning with face-to-face instruction, all led by accomplished faculty. Students meet in class for eight hours on Saturdays, six times in the fall and spring, plus four times in the summer. Winter courses will be offered 100% online.
- Data Analytics — The data analytics specialization will provide contemporary analytic skills for complex business decision-making.
- Strategy, Innovation, and Leadership — The track in Strategy, Innovation, and Leadership is designed to create leaders of change. Organizations survive and prosper by challenging the status quo and by finding new ways to deliver value.
This track explores organizational and individual processes that lead to innovative ideas, products, and services. The specialization invites students to think strategically, gain new insights on how people and organizations work and develop managerial skills that will enable individuals to lead others in change initiatives.
Students may pursue a professional certification such as a CFA® Level I (and possible Level II) during or after the program. Upon program completion, students can access to new career opportunities across financial services and across industries.
Years one and two overview
Course offerings subject to change
Data Analytics Track
- Machine Learning
- Regression and Data Visualization
- Relational Database Systems
- Text Mining
- Applied Times Series and Forecasting
- Geospatial Analysis
- Data Analytics Practicum
Strategy, Innovation and Leadership Track
- Strategy and Sustained Competitive Advantage
- The Art of Persuasion: Communication for Business
- Psychology of Management
- Negotiations and Dispute Resolution
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Management Practicum: New Product Development
- Accounting for Managers
- Corporate Finance and Valuation
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Managerial Economics
- Global Operations & Supply Chain
- Corporate Responsibility and Business Ethics
- Managing in the Global Environment
Business practitioner involvement
The Graduate Advisory Committee of TCNJ alumni and business professionals will provide ongoing input and support to enrolled students. Most courses offered will involve experienced business practitioners, whether face-to-face or online.
The business world changes at a breakneck pace, fueled by continuous shifts in markets and technologies. Consequently, talent with the agility and acumen to execute are in demand across every competitive industry. Our graduates have the knowledge to leverage change for the opportunity —and the confidence to flourish with every reinvention of the business environment.
MBA Data Analytics Careers
The data analytics track from the School of Business equips professionals with the ability to analyze and utilize technology and information systems to gain a competitive advantage in any business environment.
MBA graduates specializing in data analytics may be interested in the following careers:
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Market Researcher
- Operations Research
- Predictive Analyst
- Product Manager
- Project Managers
Admission to graduate study at The College of New Jersey is selective and competitive. Admission decisions are based generally on the evidence of achievement in appropriate undergraduate studies, performance on nationally standardized tests, the strength of recommendations, and other materials submitted with the application. The online application and all supplemental documents must be submitted to the Office of Graduate and Advancing Education by the appropriate deadline in order for an application to be considered complete.
- An earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Official transcripts
- Two years or more of professional full-time work experience; Current resume
- Application fee
- Enrollment deposit
- 1 letter of recommendation
- National standardized admission test requirement (waivers are available)
- Additional documents needed from international applicants seeking to study in the U.S.