Master of Business Administration
University of Ballarat, Australia
Undertaking the University of Ballarat’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) program will promote networking opportunities, provide a solid foundation to advance your career and help you manage, innovate and operate in a variety of leadership roles.
As a signatory to the United Nations Principles for Management Education (PRME), studying the MBA with The Business School will provide you with the skills to lead an ethical, socially responsible and sustainable business.
The MBA is a generalist’s degree intended for those with some practical experience who now wish to widen their managerial knowledge and skills.
The philosophy underlying this type of MBA is to enable our students to deal with the many facets of management. The program aims to develop skills in critical thinking, research, and analysis through individual and team-based work.
A feature of the University of Ballarat"s MBA is that it focuses on these critical areas of integration whilst allowing some specialization to accommodate specific career paths.
This program offers a number of unique benefits:
- Innovative and flexible approaches to learning and teaching;
- Is integrative across functions and disciplines;
- Allows specialization through specific strands;
- Is application focused and reflective of practice;
- Draws on a broad-based faculty with access to expertise outside the University; and
- Links theory and application.
MODE OF DELIVERY
This course is wholly delivered in Singapore. Students will have access to local lecturers and resources provided by Nanyang Institute of Management.
There will be a combination of lectures, tutorials, workshops, seminars, and presentations. Students may also be given additional work to complete outside of scheduled classes. Resources and materials provided for students will include lecture notes and references for further reading in books, publication, articles, and websites.
- 3 December 2012 – 2 December 2013
- 11 March 2013 – 10 March 2014
- 8 July 2013 – 7 July 2014
- 4 November 2013 – 3 November 2014
- 11 March 2013 – 10 September 2014
- 8 July 2013 – 7 January 2015
- 4 November 2013 – 3 May 2015
Candidates should, in general, have:
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent, or an appropriate professional qualification and normally a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in the English language (International students must have a TOEFL of 550 or IELTS 6 or equivalent to enter the program)
- However, candidates who do not meet the above criteria may apply to enter the program if they have 5 years relevant work experience at management level and are assessed by the Graduate Programs Coordinator as being able to successfully complete the program and make a positive contribution to the learning environment.
ASSESSMENT & AWARDS
Assessment for most modules comprises of coursework, tutorials, tests and written examinations.
The coursework may include tests, practical assignments, research projects and/or tutorial participation. Upon passing all 12 modules, a student will be awarded the University of Ballarat Master of Business Administration qualification.
Course fee: S$22,800.00 (full-time, international students)
Contact the Institute for information about other expenses.
About the School
Nanyang Institute of Management (Nanyang), established in 2001, is a forward-looking premier education provider of market-relevant programmes in the region. Nanyang’s strategic drivers are aimed at pr ... Read More