Master of Business Administration
Ascensia Academy (AA) is an Approved Learning Partner of the Edinburgh Business School (EBS), the graduate business school of the Heriot-Watt University. Heriot-Watt University is a fully accredited, leading British university which is recognized internationally for excellent teaching and research in its specialist areas of science, engineering, business management, languages and textile design.
This course aims to provide students with a challenging and rewarding business education to equip them with the advanced management skills and expertise needed to succeed in the international business world.
Course Modules (7 core and 2 electives)
- Project Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Strategic Planning
- Quantitive Methods (Elective)
- Competitive Strategy (Elective)
To be awarded the MBA degree, students are required to pass all 9 courses through external examinations fully administered by Edinburgh Business School.
Mode & Duration
- This programme will be delivered in English or Chinese using lectures and tutorials.
- Full-time study mode: 18 months*.
- Part-time study mode: 24 months*.
- Consists of 9 courses, Students need to spend an average of 200 study hours per course, inclusive of 42 contact hours. There is an average of four 3 hour-sessions per week from Mondays to Fridays.
* These are also the maximum periods that students are allowed to complete the programme. Any extension of these periods of study with AA is subject to AA Management’s approval and ICA’s approval for student pass extension.
Each course is assessed by formal examination. Each course examination lasts 3 hours. All the examinations are managed by Edinburgh Business School.
- Recognised degree or equivalent professional qualification in any discipline
- Recognised diploma or equivalent qualification in any discipline
- 2 years of working experience
- The university will assess on a case-by-case basis applicants who have many years of management related work experience but do not meet the education requirements.
- Applicants who completed their entry qualifications in a language other than English must provide evidence of their English Language Proficiency such as a minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 6.0 (overall band) or equivalent for entry into the programme.
When students have met the requirements for the MBA degree, students will graduate with an MBA awarded by EBS, Heriot-Watt University. This award is recognised internationally and by the UK government.
Intakes: March, June, September & December
Note: Overseas applicants have to submit the completed application form and relevant documents at least 1 month before the course commencement date.
- Course Fee - S$24,300.00
- FPS Insurance Fee - S$350.00
- Medical Insurance Fee - S$200.00
- ICA Fee - S$120.00
- Total Amount Insurable: S$ 24,970.00
- 7% GST (exclude ICA Fee) - S$1,739.50
- Total Fees Payable: S$26,709.50
- 1st Installment: S$13,354.75
- 2nd Installment: S$13,354.75
- Application Fee (non-refundable): S$535.00 (for international students) / S$107.00 (for local students)
- Local or part-time applicants who have already bought medical insurance need not buy the medical insurance offered by AA. However, applicants need to show their insurance policy.
- For applicants who wish to purchase medical insurance with AA, the fee is S$100 for 1 year.
- Examination fee per course is S$375.00 (w/GST).
- S$120.00 for payment to ICA (students pass processing fee, issuance fee and multiple-entry visa fee). This is non-refundable.
- S$40.00-$60.00 for a medical check-up if required by ICA and is additional to the fees above.
- Mode of payment: Telegraphic transfer, bank draft and cheque.
- The minimum number of students required for course commencement is 15 although Ascensia may decide to commence the class with a smaller number of students.
- Students will be informed at the latest, 2 weeks before the scheduled course commencement date should there be no class commencement. In the event that there is no class commencement as stated at the time of the student's application, except for the Application Fee and all fees to external third parties, e.g. ICA, Medical Institution (for a medical check-up), all other fees paid by the student will be refunded.
- Students who fail to complete the course within the maximum allowed study period will not be entitled to any recourse or refund.
- Students are allowed to repeat the same course subject to approval from the Ascensia Management and ICA.
- The first fee instalment must be paid one month before the commencement of the course and after signing of the student contract. The second fee instalment must be paid one week before the due date of the second instalment.
Terms and Conditions
The Application Fee of S$535 (inclusive of 7% GST) must be paid in full upon the submission of the application form. This Application Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
After the payment for the application is made, the school will verify that the student satisfies the entry criteria before issuing a letter of offer and payment advice to the student.
Fee Protection Scheme (FPS)
As stipulated by the Council for Private Education (CPE), Ascensia Academy has a Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) through an Insurance facility with HSBC.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 31, 2017