The MBA (Leadership) programme prepares graduates to be leaders who embrace a leadership role in a succession plan that promotes talented, innovative, and enterprising pool of expertise.
- To enable graduates to articulate and apply leadership theories and adopt the principles and best practices relevant to their organisation.
- To enable graduates to perform as managers and accepted as leaders when coordinating various functional areas with effective communication skills.
- To enable graduates to formulate, communicate, and implement strategic thinking processes involving cross-cultural communication and sensitivity to the needs of different cultures.
- Ability to acquire and apply knowledge in the areas of leadership for both localised setting and international environment.
- Ability to demonstrate relevant expertise and skills to provide leadership in a specific area of practice.
- Ability to engage in strategic and critical thinking with analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving skills when making business decisions.
- Ability to engage in effective cross-cultural communication skills and be sensitive to social responsibility in a multicultural setting.
- Ability to articulate ethical issues in the respective fields of study as well as to provide leadership in social responsibility.
- Ability to lead and engage in lifelong learning at the individual, group, and institutional levels.
- Ability to acquire creative and innovative ideas to initiate enterprising activities or projects.
- A bachelor's degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent, as accepted by the University Senate; or
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.50 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 2 years working experience in relevant field; or
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field.
All applicants are required to attain any of the followings before they are accepted for admission into the programme:
- A minimum score of 575 for a paper-based total or 232 for a computer-based total or 90 for an Internet-based total for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)*; or
- A minimum score of Band 6.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)*; or
- A minimum required proficiency on UNIRAZAK Postgraduate English Proficiency Test; or
- A recognised first degree is undertaken in English medium; or
- Successful completion of Intensive English Programme (IEP) at the Advanced level conducted by the Centre for English Language (CEL).
*Note: The validity period for IELTS and TOEFL is two years from the date awarded;
The MBA (Leadership) programme requires a total of 41 credits to complete and is divided into two parts as follows:
A. Core Courses (35 credits)
- Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
- Business Economics (3 credits)
- Financial Management (3 credits)
- Organisational Management (3 credits)
- Managerial Ethics and Social Responsibility (2 credits)
- Competitive Strategic Management (3 credits)
- Marketing Management (3 credits)
- Quantitative Techniques and Decision Making (3 credits)
- Strategic Human Resource Management (3 credits)
- Leadership Brand (3 credits)
- Managerial Leadership (3 credits)
- Business Negotiation and Conflict Management (3 credits)
B. Elective (6 credits) - Choose any two courses
- Innovation and Creativity (3 credits)
- Strategic Entrepreneurship (3 credits)
- Managing Leadership Performance Seminar (3 credits)
- Corporate Governance and Accountability: International Perspective (3 credits)
- Research Methodology (3 credits) / Case Research Methods (3 credits)
- Research Project (3 credits)
Engaged in Organisational/Industry Leadership as Chief Executive Officer, Vice President/ Executive Vice President; Managing Director; Project Consultant; Entrepreneur.
Postgraduate Fee Structure for Local Students
Postgraduate Fee Structure for International Students
The classes are conducted on Friday evening, Saturday morning and afternoon each week for 14 weeks.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 31, 2017