Information Technology (IT) Managers focus on a range of business issues including daily operations supervision and scheduling; communicating effectively with department heads, managers, vendors, technical specialists, and others to encourage cooperation and resolve problems; developing project and risk management plans; and ensuring information security is rigorously maintained. IT managers are critical to successful business operations in most if not all industries. The Salem MBA in IT Management is suitable for students seeking to enter the field or to advance in careers. The program is flexible in design and sensitive to the needs of busy individuals who have to balance the demands of their work, family, and education.
Graduates will Demonstrate Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to integrate skills, concepts, and strategies for effective business leadership and management.
- Mastery of business vocabulary for effective communication in a global economy.
- Mastery of the components of the essential elements of change management.
- Competencies in finance, statistics, logistics, supply chain, and risk and project management for success in a global economy.
- Ability to apply knowledge, skills, and abilities in solving technical business problems.
Salem offers accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on-ground at our Salem, West Virginia campus. Courses are delivered in a monthly format (4-weeks) and completed on ground, online, or through a blended approach that uses both delivery methods. Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule. Traditional on ground programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students.
Core Courses – The Breadth of the Curriculum
- ACC515 Accounting for Managers
- BUS500 Applied Business Statistics
- BUS505 Business Communications
- BUS699 Enterprise Strategic Planning & Change Management
- ECO570 Managerial Economics
- FIN560 Financial Management
- MKT530 Marketing Management
Specialization Courses – In-depth Courses
- BUS633 Project Management and Budgeting
- BUS660 Management Utilization of Technology
- ITM510 Database Management
- ITM520 Network Management
- ITM680 Business Intelligence, Data Analytics & DSS
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online from our website at www.salemu.edu. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. A nonrefundable application fee is required of all applicants. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem International University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.