South University is currently offering a new format in addition to on-campus classes, called South VR [South Virtual Remote] which is a live instruction, interactive virtual classroom experience. This temporary learning format that was created to help our students continue their education remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
South University Montgomery’s Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration degree program is designed to prepare graduates to seek employment in a leadership role in the healthcare delivery system. The program is founded with the philosophy that healthcare leaders require strong business competencies and management skills to be successful. The curriculum is designed to prepare students with a sound foundation in business analysis and decision-making, followed by a specialization in healthcare administration.
The foundation courses are designed to provide a firm grounding in decision-making, behavioral sciences, and strategic environment. The MBA degree program core presents a functional approach to the long run and short-run decisions that must be made to deliver goods and services. The Healthcare Administration specialization core is designed to provide specialized management and capstone courses specific to the healthcare field.
After completing the MBA in Healthcare Administration program, you should be able to:
- Integrate and apply business and healthcare concepts specific to structures and governance, finance, and the delivery of healthcare within the U.S. system.
- Evaluate and analyze the impact healthcare policies may have on healthcare services.
- Display proficiency in critical thinking, information literacy skills, and knowledge in healthcare-specific research, problem-solving, and case-study analysis.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills, including appropriate technological skills for writing, research, and analytic papers.
The MBA Healthcare Administration program will prepare you for a management career in which you are planning, directing, and coordinating medical and health services. Healthcare administrators may work in a range of facilities, including:
- Federal, state, and county health programs
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Healthcare companies
- Medical laboratories
- Medical billing companies
- Health education and training companies
Master of Business Administration, Healthcare Administration: 48 credits
- MBA5001 Organizational Behavior and Communication, 4 Credit Hours
- MBA5004 Managerial Economics, 4 Credit Hours
- MBA5005 Law and Ethics for Managers, 4 Credit Hours
- MBA5008 Quantitative Analysis and Decision Making, 4 Credit Hours
- MBA5009 Managerial Environment, 4 Credit Hours
- MBA6011 Strategic Marketing, 4 Credit Hours
- MHC6301 Healthcare Structure, Organization, and Governance, 4 Credit Hours
- MHC6305 Financial Management of Healthcare Organizations, 4 Credit Hours
- MHC6999 Case Studies in Healthcare Administration, 4 Credit Hours
Choose three of the following:
- MHA6050 Regulation and Policy in Healthcare, 4 Credit Hours
- MHC6302 Public Health Organization and Management, 4 Credit Hours
- MHC6303 Quality Performance and Management, 4 Credit Hours
- MHC6306 Human Resource Management in Healthcare Organizations, 4 Credit Hours
South University, Online Program offerings may not be available to residents of all states. Please contact an admissions representative for further information.
Haven’t experienced online learning before or wondering what it’s like to earn your degree online at South University? While the mode of learning is different from the traditional classroom experience with added convenience and flexibility, we hold the same high standards of academic excellence in the online classroom.
South University’s online programs combine a curriculum designed for student outcomes and a classroom designed for flexibility and engagement. Our online classroom learning platform, Brightspace, provides you with a host of features to enhance your learning experience, including:
- Advanced media content
- Personalized navigation
- Simplified online learning atmosphere
- Access to digital books
- Emailing and instant messaging options
We provide more than just an online classroom, bringing a range of campus experiences and services online. In addition, the online classroom is accessible on the go via mobile devices and with tools like the Pulse App. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your course by providing a number of features such as course calendars, readings and assignments, feedback and grades, and announcements.
How to apply
We make the application process as smooth as possible so you can start earning your degree right away. Our admissions representatives will guide you through our three-step process.
- To get started, call 888-444-3404, to speak with an Admissions Representative or fill out our request information form.
- An admissions representative will review our degree programs with you, give you an overview of the admissions process, and help you complete the application process. You can take a guided tour of our campus or a virtual tour online. Apply Now
- A Finance Counselor will work with you to discuss options and qualifications and to develop a payment plan that works for you. Programs with alternative application procedures.
2020-21 Starting Dates
About the School
South University provides a warm, supportive learning environment that will encourage you to engage with a community of faculty, staff, and students eager to play a role in helping you achieve your ed ... Read More