The 12-month, 36-credit MBA in Health Care Management at Salem International University prepares you for advanced business roles within health care providers and healthcare-related companies. After graduation, you should be a competent and effective business problem-solver who can:
- Make considered business decisions based on an understanding of health care’s unique regulatory environment, financial needs, and patient service goals.
- Help develop, manage, and maintain human resources within the health care setting through an understanding of health care provider roles and required qualifications.
- Drive improved patient care through analysis of performance metrics.
- Understand and describe the U.S. health care system within a global context.
About this Program
This program prepares students for career paths and duties as:
- Financial Manager– Oversee all aspects of acute or long-term care facility financial management.
- Materials Manager – purchase equipment and supplies.
- Nursing Administration– Ensure staff is providing timely and efficient service.
- Mental Health Organization Manager – Manages the day to day operations of the institution.
- General Manager – Hire, assign and supervise staff.
Salem offers accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on ground at our Salem, West Virginia campus. Courses are delivered in a monthly format (4-weeks) and completed on ground, online, or through a blended approach that uses both delivery methods. Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule. Traditional on ground programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students.
- HCM605 Introduction to Health Care Management and Operations
- HCM610 Health Care Law, Policy and Ethics
- HCM615 Health Care Finance
- HCM620 Organization Behavior and HR Management in Health Care
- HCM625 Health Care Planning, Promotion, and Evaluation
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online from our website at www.salemu.edu. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. A nonrefundable application fee is required of all applicants. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem International University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
About the School
Established in 1888 as Salem College, Salem University has a tradition of academic excellence and innovation. The beautiful 100-acre campus is nestled in the Appalachian mountains of West Virginia. Th ... Read More