The 12-month, 36-credit MBA in Finance at Salem International University prepares you for advanced business roles that focus on the strategic application of financial planning and principles. After graduation, you should be a competent and effective business problem-solver who can:
- Apply technical knowledge of cash flow, mergers and acquisitions, and other financial strategies to make effective decisions within the constraints of budgets.
- Provide accurate and appropriate financial reporting.
- Provide competent financial analysis that evaluates the current financial state of an organization and makes predictions of its future viability.
- Engage in international financial activity with an understanding of international law, international markets, etc.
- Manage and monitor junior finance professionals.
- Demonstrate exceptional professional integrity and ethical behavior.
This MBA offers targeted knowledge that can prepare you for upper-level careers in finance, such as:
- Financial management
- Portfolio advising
- Investment advising
- Financial analysis
- Program of Study
Our MBA program consists of twelve courses: seven core classes and five in the finance concentration. It is available online or on campus in West Virginia.
About this Program
This program prepares students for career paths and duties as:
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Manager
- Budget Analyst
- Budget Manager
- Financial Planner
- Business Office Manager
- Corporate Controller
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief of Staff
- Chief Executive Officer
Salem offers accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on ground at our Salem, West Virginia campus. Courses are delivered in a monthly format (4-weeks) and completed on ground, online, or through a blended approach that uses both delivery methods. Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule. Traditional on ground programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students.
- FIN505 Financial Modeling
- FIN510 Advanced Corporate Finance
- FIN520 International Finance
- FIN525 Applied Portfolio Theory
- FIN540 Financial Analysis FIN545 Real Estate and Business Investing (elective)
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online from our website at www.salemu.edu. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. A nonrefundable application fee is required of all applicants. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem International University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.