The 12-month, 36-credit MBA in Engineering Management prepares you to control more of the variables that affect engineering processes. After graduation, you should be a competent and effective business problem-solver who can:
- Apply managerial theory and strategy to engineering teams and processes.
- Understand the principles of effective supply chain management and make supply chain decisions that enhance organizational competitiveness.
- Effectively apply principles of business logistics to engineering production processes.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively manage projects using commonly accepted project management practices.
- Demonstrate exceptional professional integrity and ethical behavior.
About this Program
This program prepares students for career paths and duties as:
- General Manager – Oversee all aspects of business management.
- Development Manager – Prepare and lead detailed business plans for the development of new products and services.
- Quality Assurance Manager – Ensure the technical accuracy and customer acceptance for use of a team’s work products.
- Project Team Leader – Lead research and development teams that produce new products, processes, or designs.
- Process Manager – Ensure the soundness of methods used to develop and deliver products and services.
- Budget Manager – Propose and monitor budgets for projects and programs.
- Line/Staff Manager – Hire, assign, and supervise staff.
Salem offers accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on-ground at our Salem, West Virginia campus. Courses are delivered in a monthly format (4-weeks) and completed on ground, online, or through a blended approach that uses both delivery methods. Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule. Traditional on ground programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students.
- BUS630 Foundations of Operations & Engineering Management
- BUS631 Logistics Research and Design
- BUS632 Supply Chain Management
- BUS633 Project Management and Budgeting
- BUS634 Quality and Risk Management
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online from our website at www.salemu.edu. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. A nonrefundable application fee is required of all applicants. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem International University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
About the School
Established in 1888 as Salem College, Salem University has a tradition of academic excellence and innovation. The beautiful 100-acre campus is nestled in the Appalachian mountains of West Virginia. Th ... Read More