The Bangor Business School aims to build on our long-established expertise in the area of postgraduate training in banking and finance by offering a one-year MBA Banking and Finance, which aims to develop participants' academic and managerial skills in these areas. An important objective is to provide relevant analytical training to familiarise participants with the latest strategic, managerial and industrial developments in the financial services industry.
The MBA Banking and Finance course provides a coherent analytical framework for the study of banking and financial developments from a management perspective. The emphasis throughout the programme is on the application of contemporary, financial, managerial and strategic developments that affect real-world decision-making in the global financial industry.
We recognise that a thorough understanding of recent developments in banking and financial firm strategies, financial management, risk management, international financial markets, marketing strategies and performance evaluation are essential requirements for all those involved in financial sector activities.
Students who successfully complete the programme will be awarded the Master of Business Administration in Banking and Finance from Bangor University, UK.
- Organisations and People (15 credits)
- Marketing Strategy (15 credits)
- International Strategic Management (15 credits)
- Management Research (15 credits)
- Bank Financial Management (15 credits)
- International Banking (15 credits)
- Financial Institutions Strategic Management (15 credits)
- International Financial Management (15 credits)
- Applied Business Projects (60 credits)
- All applicants must be of age 21 and above
- At least a Lower Second Class Honours degree or higher
- MDIS Graduate Diploma in Business and Finance
- Equivalent overseas qualification and grade
- A suitable professional qualification and practical experience may be accepted on a case-by-case basis
English Language Requirement
- If English is not the first language, applicants are required to meet one of the following requirements:
- IELTS: 6.0 (with no individual score lower than 5.5)
- TOEFL iBT: 87 (Listening 21, Reading 22, Speaking 23 & Writing 21)
- Pearson PTE 56 (with no score lower than 51)
- Cambridge English: Advanced 169 (with no score lower than 162)
- MDIS Professional Certificate in English
Program taught in: