Effective management requires a combination of broad management knowledge and more specialist skills. Ranked in The Economist MBA Top 100 2017, our MBA can be studied full-time over one year or part-time over 2-4 years.
It consists of a set of core subjects, a menu of optional modules and an individual or group management project. The core subjects ensure you study essential areas of management, while the optional modules and management project allow you to build on these core areas and tailor-make your own version of the Nottingham MBA.
We aim to:
- improve your leadership capabilities and skills
- build your practise management competence through engagement with business
- encourage a creative and entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving
- develop your understanding of responsible and sustainable business practices
- cultivate an international perspective through a mix of teaching, teamwork, and opportunities for overseas business visits
A fundamental part of your learning and development is participation in group work. We provide a management and interpersonal skills programme that all MBA course members take part in.
Working with talented peers from many different professional and cultural backgrounds and close interaction with the academic staff accelerates your learning and management development.
"In addition to the high standard of teaching, you'll be studying with a diverse group of students from all over the world, representing all business sectors – from accounting to zoology."
John Murphy, MBA
- Ranked in The Economist MBA Top 100 2017
- Part of an elite group of EQUIS and AMBA accredited business schools
- 6th in the UK for research power in the latest Research Excellence Framework, with teaching informed by the latest developments
You will take a series of core modules, designed to develop your management knowledge and skills. Optional modules allow you to concentrate on more specific subjects according to your interests and career requirements.
This programme involves working with course members from a variety of industrial and commercial backgrounds. It aims to improve your decision-making abilities and produces managers of the highest quality.
You can study over one year full-time or fit the MBA around your personal and professional commitments by studying part-time over two-four years. However you study, you will take the same core modules and be able to choose from the full range of options. Modules are typically offered during the day and in the evening each year, with some intensive options available over one week.
The final stage of the MBA involves an individual or group management project with an individual report.
You will be assessed through a combination of coursework and/or a two-hour exam at the end of the relevant semester.
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Economics
- Entrepreneurship and Creativity
- Management Project
- Managing People
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Sustainable Decisions and Organisations
- Advanced Strategic Management: A Multi-Perspective Approach
- Business Ethics
- Business Intelligence in the Digital Economy
- Games and Strategies for Business
- Innovation Management
- International Study Tour
- Leadership and Management of Change
- Project Management
- Strategic Market Relations: Building, Managing and Leveraging Market Relationships
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
The modules we offer are inspired by the research interests of our staff and as a result may change for reasons of, for example, research developments or legislation changes. This list is an example of typical modules we offer, not a definitive list.
Our MBA provides an excellent platform for career enhancement, career change or entrepreneurial activities. Graduate destinations include management consulting, finance and accounting, human resources, marketing/sales, information technology, and operations and logistics.
Companies and organisations our graduates have gone on to work for include Accenture, Apple, Bosch, Credit Suisse, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Fidelity Bank, HSBC, Red Cross and Santander Group.
Postgraduate careers team
MBA students benefit from the support of our postgraduate careers team who will help you to explore your career options and develop your future career plans. The MBA Personal and Professional Development Programme combines career development and competency development activities, complemented by individual careers consultations and networking events.
Through a combination of your academic studies and the careers support on offer the MBA provides an excellent platform for career enhancement, career change or entrepreneurial activities.
Employability and average starting salary
82.1% of postgraduates from Nottingham University Business School who were available for employment secured work or further study within six months of graduation. £28,500 was the average starting salary, with the highest being £50,000. This reflects the higher salaries earned by our MBAs who have several years professional experience prior to undertaking their studies. For this cohort, the immediate post-MBA salary increase was 69%.*
* Known destinations of full-time home postgraduates 2015/16. Salaries are calculated based on the median of those in full-time paid employment within the UK.
2:1 (or international equivalent) in any discipline with relevant professional qualifications also considered; plus at least 3-5 years of full-time work experience with a management dimension, preferably gained since graduation
English language requirements
IELTS: 7.0 (no less than 6.0 in any element)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 31, 2017