Master of Business Administration MBA
UNIBL International MBA programme entirely taught in English is highly demanding programme specially designed for experienced professionals who want to make a significant change in their careers. The course content and the focus on personal and professional development provide participants with a new vision and new ambitions. In addition, each MBA participant brings a wealth of knowledge to the programme, as there is continuous share of career and life experiences.
Objectives of MBA study programme
- to enable graduates to propose best solutions to complex problems in the companies and improve organizational performance through application of scientific methods
- to develop skills that are needed to generate the top experts in the field of business management
- to build MBA participants’ international network
Rapid progress in all spheres of life has led to changes in the educational system and therefore the learning process. Our MBA programme keeps up with these changes and, therefore, the traditional way of acquiring knowledge is combined with these new techniques.
Some of these new techniques are:
- Computer simulations
- Business simulations
- Video learning
- Case studies
- Trips abroad
- Visits to different companies and organizations
Our students will have the opportunity to listen to lectures from practitioners, local and foreign entrepreneurs and managers, as well as other experts who could contribute to the acquisition of high-quality information.
Another unconventional way of learning, which we believe will be beneficial to all participants of this programme in many ways, are MBA competitions. These competitions are designed for MBA students to express their creativity and apply gained knowledge and relevant experiences to achieve internationally recognized success.
In addition to the diversity of learning techniques and opportunities to gain useful knowledge, it is important to emphasize a high level of diversity in this programme reflected in participants’ as well as professors’ characteristics:
- Professional experience
- Educational background
- Age groups
- Cultural heritage
This diversity creates a rich platform for debate, which is key to the MBA teaching style!
With respect to this, we believe it is important that our students gain the ability to work in groups that are designed to increase the level of tolerance towards people and customs that are different from their own. This experience is very important, especially for those students who are already working or plan to be employed in transnational companies or companies abroad.
Programme structure and requirements
Model of MBA programme
MBA studies consist of 60 ECTS credits.
This study programme lasts 15 months or 2 semesters of classes and one-semester combination of doing the internship and writing Final Project.
Classes are entirely taught in English, by 8 visiting professors and 8 professors of Faculty of Economics at the University of Banja Luka. All of them are eminent professors who have high-class knowledge and experience in specific scientific fields, as well as years of experience in scientific research and work in higher education. These teachers are from the UK, Austria, Italy, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia, mainly.
Students will become familiar with the methods of scientific research and writing techniques in order to acquire the necessary knowledge to create the Final Project and potentially publish scientific papers and results from research in international scientific journals.
The evaluation of students will be conducted using two segments – segment of the group and individual work. Testing and evaluation are aligned with the learning outcomes and are designed with the aim to determine whether the outcomes have been achieved or not.
Student success in mastering each course in the study programme is expressed in points, in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation on monitoring and valorization of students. Fulfilling exam commitments and taking exams, the student can earn a maximum of 100 points. Evaluation of student work will be done according to the current decision on monitoring and valorization of students (this document can be found in About/Policies and Legislation).
The pre-exam is one of the access required written work 48% of the total structure score (0-48 points). Mandatory attendance of a minimum of 80% attendance to lectures and exercises carries 2% (2 points). On the final exam, which carries a maximum of 0-50% of the grade, the answer to these questions will be evaluated by 0-40% and the successful presentation of access research with additional 0-10% of the structures ratings.
Individual work will be assessed and measured by instruments such as:
- Standard tests
- Work on a case study
- Active participation in class
- “Real” projects through internships
- Sustainable Strategic Management
- Operational Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Leadership and Project Management
- Global Marketing
- Global Economics and Corporate Finance
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Business Opportunities
- Financial Reporting and Controlling
- Advanced Research Methodology
- E-Business, Technology and Information Systems
- The Business Environment: Business, Government and Society
- Global Capital Markets and Currencies
- International Business
- Business Consultancy
- Exploitation of Renewable Energy Sources
- Food Chain Management
- Business Foreign Language
Each student is expected to participate in the development of a research project in the form of written paper developed with mentor’s help, i.e. help from subject teachers. The aim of this Final Project is to help students develop their research skills, their capability of doing independent research and problem analysis as well as develop their ability to propose practical solutions.
Research on the project should be broad and comprehensive, including a variety of relevant sources of information that can be useful in analyzing issues. Students are encouraged to step out of their research materials defined with the syllabus of the course, to demonstrate originality, flexibility and innovation in the work, but the proposed topics should be in line with the main objective of the course.
Each student will electronically propose the name for the project, to the mentor. When the topic is approved, the student starts with research and writing and submits the final version electronically no later than 15 days before the oral defence of the Final Project. This final version must meet the minimum criteria of scientific research, prescribed in the Guidelines for the development of technical and scientific papers (this document could be found among documents list in the section About/Policies and Legislation, on this website). The prerequisite for defending the Final Project orally is approved the final version of this work from the responsible teacher, i.e. mentor.
Final Project must have:
- clearly defined problem and the subject of research
- the aim of the research
- defined hypotheses
- dependent and independent variables
- description of the applied methodology of research
- the expected results of the research
- concise conclusion
- and technically processed text, according to the Guidelines.
Technical requirements for Final Project:
- should contain a minimum of about 15 pages of text A4
- around 5,000 words or 30,000 characters without spaces
- font: Times New Roman
- font size: 12
- spacing: 1
- alignment: justified
- include an abstract, introduction, tables, figures, references and annexe with data from empirical research (if such research is an integral part of the work).
The International Internship programme will be facilitated in cooperation with foreign institutions through student exchange mobility programmes and various projects such as Tempus, Erasmus Mundus, CEEPUS, and others.
Unlike other programmes, our MBA programme puts equal emphasis on theory and practice. Guided by this principle, students will be given an opportunity to accomplish their internship in the region or abroad in any of our transnational companies. In this way, students will be able to use their acquired knowledge in real business environments and gain necessary experience that will be useful in their future career.
Therefore, this particular programme offers you the chance to travel to different areas in order to pursue your unique professional interests. Specific fields of study will be connected to specific areas in which those fields are flourishing. In this sense, MBA participants will be in a position to choose between many choices:
- Finance in the UK
- Family Business in Italy
- SME entrepreneurship in Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Companies in Austria and other EU countries
One of the key factors in gaining valuable international experience in the region as well as abroad is the quality of selected professors and mentors on this MBA journey. They are not only in charge of sharing their expertise and bringing the latest research results to the classroom or in the working environment during the internship, but they are also very much focused on pushing participants to develop their full potentials through a variety of international practices.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent (from licensed university or college, regardless of profession)
- Minimum of 1-year working experience
- Strong command of written and spoken English (Internationally recognized English Certificate)
- although it is not obligatory to submit GRE or GMAT official test score, it may improve the chance of acceptance
English Language Proficiency Requirement
All students whose first language is not English must provide the most recent evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language satisfies requirements of this programme. The required evidence of proficiency in English should be included in the Application.
In particular, one of the following MUST be satisfied in order to meet English Language Proficiency Requirement:
- Bachelor or Master of Science Degree entirely taught in English
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English): minimum score or CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English): minimum score
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) -Computer-based version: minimum score; Paper-based version: minimum score
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
OR ENGLISH LANGUAGE CERTIFICATE issued by UNIBL, after the completion of Advanced Business English Course that will be organized before the beginning of MBA programme. Namely, this will be a one-month intensive course which will take place at UNIBL in September. In order to apply for this course, each student must fill in Intensive Business English Course Form and send it to Administration Office no later than 1st of August.
If acceptable evidence of English language proficiency has not been provided with the application, admission will be conditional until this evidence is submitted. This condition will be clearly indicated in the offer letter and must be fulfilled before a student is finally admitted to international MBA programme at UNIBL.
Tuition fees include all programme expenses such as:
- reading materials, books and other courses materials
- international exchange abroad or international internship
- all student services available at the university
- career counselling
- professional development events.
They do not include accommodation or living expenses.
APPLICATION FEES: 50 EUROS
The application process fee of 50€ is compulsory. It is due by the application deadline and will not be refunded if the applicant decides to withdraw from selection or is not successful.