In the fast-moving business world of today, a graduate-level degree has become an imperative. To create momentum for your career and become a serious contender for management roles, you need to cultivate an advanced knowledge base and authoritative credentials.
A Master of Business Administration from Lawrence Technological University delivers critical business and management skills that will help you accelerate your career. Named one of the best universities in the Midwest by the Princeton Review, Lawrence Tech is committed to the motto of theory and practice. The College of Management's professors is actively engaged in research and the business world— assuring the delivery of business curriculum that is fresh, current, and relevant. You can choose one of five in-demand concentrations: finance, human resources and organization development, information technology, marketing, and project management. An MBA from Lawrence Tech provides you with the practical business knowledge that prepares you to make critical decisions in real-world business situations.
Lawrence Tech's College of Management Offers:
- A personal faculty advisor mentors you as you strive to meet your professional goals.
- Dedicated student relationship advisors help guide you throughout your academic experience.
- Insightful theories and thoughtful reflection enhance managerial learning and development.
- A learning environment that encourages the cultivation of global thinking to advance a more humane and sustainable world community.
The first step toward advancing a more humane and sustainable global community is education. Making the choice to apply for admission to Lawrence Tech's College of Management will further your educational objectives and make it possible to achieve both your personal and professional goals.
Applications are accepted year round for admission to Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. Certificate programs have the same admission requirements as master's programs.
- Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Have earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher for undergraduate work.
- A GMAT is not required for applicants holding a master's degree or who have been previously admitted to a master level program.
- A GMAT is not required for applicants who hold a bachelor degree or equivalent who have obtained a minimum GPA of 3.0 for undergraduate coursework. For applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0, a GMAT or other assessment tool may be required.
- All international students are required to take the TOEFL, or IELTS as proof of English proficiency. We require a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL or 79 on the internet-based TOEFL or a 6.5 on the IELTS. International students holding degrees from colleges and universities in countries where English is the native language may request to be exempt from English proficiency testing. For more information about taking the TOEFL, or IELTS including finding a test site near you, please refer to the TOEFL website or IELTS website.
- Submit a completed application form and fee.
- Provide official transcripts from every college or university attended.
- Submit a professional resume.
Applicants who have exceptional merit but do not meet all admission criteria may be admitted under special circumstances determined by the Admissions Committee. Applicants who meet the admission requirements, but whose supporting documentation (e.g. academic transcripts) are still pending may be admitted conditionally.
*Letters of Recommendation, transcripts, and independent test scores must come directly from the institution or person to Office of Graduate Admissions, Lawrence Technological University, 21000 West Ten Mile Rd., Southfield, MI 48075-1058. Candidates are notified by mail of the outcome of their applications.
Transfer Credit Procedure
A petition for transfer credits should be initiated by the student in the form of a letter addressed to Office of the Dean, Graduate Programs, and made prior to completion of the first semester of the graduate program. Twelve-semester credits are the maximum accepted by Lawrence Tech's College of Management for the M.B.A. program and nine-semester credits for the other graduate programs. These courses must be graduate-level courses taken at an accredited college/university. Each course generally must have been taken within seven years of application for admission. A grade of 3.00 or better must have been earned--"passed/not passed," "pass/fail," or "pass/no entry" grades are not acceptable.
Students may be required to submit additional evidence (e.g., course syllabi, catalog descriptions and tests/examinations) in order to justify the transfer of credits. The Management Graduate Admissions Committee may require the applicant to demonstrate proficiency in the subject either through an interview or written examination prepared by faculty members who have expertise in the subject/discipline.
You can also receive the same rigorous education we provide in our campus program fully online. Receive your Master of Business Administration flexibly -- while working full-time -- from the same prestigious, industry expert faculty who teach on our ground campus
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 27, 2017