Master of Business Administration
Fort Hays has offered business classes for over 100 years. In 1977, we launched a traditional Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. We began offering the program completely online in 2007. Since 2009, GetEducated.com has named the FHSU online MBA a “Best Buy” for Regionally Accredited degrees.
The online MBA was ranked in the top tier nationally for high-quality education in the U.S. News & World Report rankings released in January 2012. The FHSU MBA program is a high-quality program with a core curriculum that supports the most important aspects of the business. Additionally, we offer several career-relevant concentrations which allow students to deepen their knowledge in a specific content area.
A focus of the MBA program is to produce business leaders who are true “Forward Thinking. World Ready.” We will challenge students to think more critically and deeply about coursework and to work in teams to solve real-world business problems.
The MBA degree consists of 34 credit hours, or 12 classes, in areas such as marketing, management, economics, and finance.
If you have taken graduate courses at another regionally accredited college or university, they may count towards the MBA degree, subject to approval by the MBA Committee. Typically, no more than six to nine credit hours will be considered for transfer credit.
If you do not have an undergraduate business degree, you will need to take an additional four foundation courses (currently only offered online) to prepare yourself for the MBA program. Students wishing for substitutions to or exemptions from the foundation courses should submit their requests through the Graduate Coordinator to the MBA Committee for evaluation and approval.
Earn Your MBA On Campus
Looking to advance your career to a middle or senior management position? Earn a Master of Business Administration degree at FHSU without significantly interrupting your work life. In as little as four semesters for full-time students, you can be on your way to greater responsibility, better pay or a new career.
- Designed for working professionals who may or may not have a business degree, the MBA combines core MBA coursework with your choice of concentrations.
- Our MBA program develops skills in the functional areas of business and teaches you how to apply them to achieve organizational goals in a global environment.
- Learn in classrooms with experienced business professors. Or, for maximum flexibility, take the same courses, taught by the same faculty, online.
- The graduate business program consists of 34 credit hours with an additional 12 hours (four foundation courses) for students who do not have an undergraduate business degree.
- Both foundation and core MBA courses are offered year round. Check out the admissions and registration information. Also, check out our tuition costs.
Earn Your MBA Online
Earn your degree without significantly interrupting your career. After all, we know you’re a working professional. We know you need the flexibility to study when - and where - it’s most convenient for you.
In our rigorous MBA program, traditional classroom learning is combined with the latest technology. We deliver streaming videos wherever you are. Online discussion boards help you stay in touch with your fellow classmates as well as your instructors.
FHSU’s MBA develops skills in the functional areas of business and teaches you how to apply them to achieve organizational goals in a global environment.
For working professionals who are self-motivated and independent, we use the latest technology to ensure that your education adapts to your needs. We’re committed to providing you the highest quality of resources and answers whenever you need to get in touch with us.
An acceptable GMAT or other graduate placement test (GRE, LSAT, etc.) score prior to enrollment, 2 letters of recommendation, a personal statement indicating reasons for seeking a Master of Business Administration degree including professional and/or career goals and pertinent past work experience, and a current resume.
MBA applications are accepted throughout the year and admissions are made on a continual basis. All materials should be received at least 60 days prior to the student's first enrollment. The FHSU Graduate School and MBA Committee will only review complete application packages, which must include the following:
- A paid graduate application
- Current resume
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework (in English)
- Official scores of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or other graduate placement test (e.g., GRE)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Personal statement from student indicating reasons for seeking a Master of Business Administration degree including professional and/or career goals and pertinent past work experience
- Other requirements as specified by the Fort Hays State University Graduate School
Program taught in: