A Cal Lutheran MBA gives you the insight and inspiration you need to thrive in your career.
Ideal for people who want grounding in core business skills while they also pursue an area of passion, our MBA program features a rigorous curriculum that can be customized by pursuing one of our professional tracks.
You can work toward an MBA in a general track or you can choose to earn an MBA with a specialization in one of these areas:
Enterprise Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Learn how to use your company's size, speed, and flexibility to successfully compete
Apply financial strategy to contribute to your company's long term success
Human Capital Management
Learn about talent management, compensation, training, and employee relations
Be prepared for a career in a borderless world economy
Take on data management, software planning, security, and IT strategy
Understand the principal tools of marketing and sales management
Cal Lutheran’s International Business program and the chance to study abroad were very attractive, and led directly to my promotion to the position I’m in now.
Jay Bradshaw, Senior Program Manager, Disney Technology Solutions and Services
Ideal for people who want grounding in core business skills while they also pursue an area of passion, the Cal Lutheran MBA features a rigorous curriculum that can be customized by pursuing one of our professional concentration tracks.
Our MBA program is designed to be flexible for the convenience of full-time students and working professionals alike. Whichever track you choose, you will also find a variety of options to fit your education into your busy lifestyle.
- Flexible class scheduling, including online, evenings, and weekend intensives
- Flexible degree completion date
- Locations in Thousand Oaks, Oxnard, Westlake Village, and Woodland Hills
Experiential Learning and Community Engagement
There is no substitute, in any education, for the value of hands-on work and experience in your chosen field. Your MBA from Cal Lutheran will emphasize putting your learning to the test, honing your skills, and building the relationships necessary to succeed.
- Career Services offers students support in identifying the best internship opportunities with local companies.
- Our Study Abroad program offers many opportunities to gain international experience and expand your global network through travel seminars to China and Europe, or a full MBA program offered in Vienna, Graz and Linz, Austria.
- The Westlake Center is a co-work and incubation space for the regional start-up community, offering classes, seminars, speakers, and an ideal networking and creative environment for entrepreneurial enterprises.
- The School of Management hosts a series of popular events throughout the year where students can interact with business and community leaders. Events include the Entrepreneur Speaker Series, Leadership Essentials, New Venture Competition, Molecules and Markets, Dinner with the Dean, and more.
Careers & Networking
The School of Management at California Lutheran University is committed to helping our students discover and strengthen their sense of purpose while preparing them to bring what they do best to the world.
We cultivate that spirit in each student, in each class, and in the extended family of our community by building a powerful support system — relationships with mentors and peers, institutions and civic leaders — that extend beyond the school itself, and into the larger realm of California and the world.
Build Your Network
Throughout the year, the School of Management sponsors and engages in many unique events that create opportunities to learn about new ideas and forge new relationships within a powerful and lively business community.
- The Entrepreneur Speaker Series offers cutting edge ideas, inspiring stories, and networking at Cal Lutheran’s Westlake Center.
- Molecules and Markets features guest speakers and Q&As in the field of science based start-ups.
- Our New Venture Competition offers students the opportunity to pitch their business ideas to a panel of local entrepreneur judges.
- Leadership Essentials is a forum for alumni and students to hear about new directions in leadership.
The School also fosters and maintains collaborative relations with many local associations. These include the Association for Corporate Growth (a hub for the city’s business community), the LA Venture Association (Southern California’s premier forum for entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, angel investors, and professional advisors), the Economic Development Corporation of Ventura County, and a center for entrepreneurial business incubation and collaboration hosted at our Westlake Center.
Graduates of our MBA program work for some of the area's leading employers:
- Bank of America
- Anthem, Inc.
- Wells Fargo
- Baxter International Inc.
- Northrop Grumman
- Kaiser Permanente
- J.D. Power
- The Walt Disney Company
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- County of Ventura
- Merrill Lynch
- Farmers Insurance
- Ameriprise Financial Services
- PennyMac Loan Services
- US Navy
- General Motors
- Blue Shield of California
- and many, many more.
About the School
California Lutheran University is a selective, comprehensive institution offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in the liberal arts and sciences and professional fields. Rooted in the Lutheran tr ... Read More