The Cal Lutheran MBA features an outstanding faculty of practicing experts and a rigorous curriculum that can be customized to match your career goals.
*Students can start the program in August, November, February, or May of each year.
You can work toward an MBA on a general track or you can choose to earn an MBA with a specialization in one of these areas:
- Human Capital Management
- International Business
- IT Management
"My experience in the MBA program has been so much more than just earning a degree. The unique environment of small classes, like-minded students from various industries, and experienced professors who care about students' progress have helped shape the business professional and person I am today." Primo Custodio '99, '07 Vice President, HR Operations & Technical Services, NBC Universal
Ideal for people who want to ground in core business skills while they also pursue an area of passion, the Cal Lutheran MBA features a rigorous curriculum that can be customized by pursuing one of our professional concentration tracks.
Our MBA program is designed to be flexible for the convenience of full-time students and working professionals alike. Whichever track you choose, you will also find a variety of options to fit your education into your busy lifestyle.
- Flexible class scheduling, including online, evenings, and weekend intensives
- Flexible degree completion date
- Locations in Thousand Oaks, Oxnard, Westlake Village, and Woodland Hills
MBA in Action: Melin Brand
Experiential Learning and Community Engagement
There is no substitute, in any education, for the value of hands-on work and experience in your chosen field. Your MBA from Cal Lutheran will emphasize putting your learning to the test, honing your skills, and building the relationships necessary to succeed.
- Career Services offers students support in identifying the best internship opportunities with local companies.
- Our Study Abroad program offers many opportunities to gain international experience and expand your global network through travel seminars to China and Europe, or a full MBA program offered in Vienna, Graz and Linz, Austria.
- The Westlake Center is a co-work and incubation space for the regional start-up community, offering classes, seminars, speakers, and an ideal networking and creative environment for entrepreneurial enterprises.
- The School of Management hosts a series of popular events throughout the year where students can interact with business and community leaders. Events include the Entrepreneur Speaker Series, Leadership Essentials, New Venture Competition, Molecules and Markets, Dinner with the Dean, and more.
Careers & Networking
The School of Management at California Lutheran University is committed to helping our students discover and strengthen their sense of purpose while preparing them to bring what they do best to the world. We cultivate that spirit in each student, in each class, and in the extended family of our community by building a powerful support system — relationships with mentors and peers, institutions and civic leaders — that extend beyond the school itself, and into the larger realm of California and the world.
Build your Network
Throughout the year, the School of Management sponsors and engages in many unique events that create opportunities to learn about new ideas and forge new relationships within a powerful and lively business community.
- The Entrepreneur Speaker Series offers cutting-edge ideas, inspiring stories, and networking at Cal Lutheran’s Westlake Center.
- Molecules and Markets feature guest speakers and Q&As in the field of science-based start-ups.
- Our New Venture Competition offers students the opportunity to pitch their business ideas to a panel of local entrepreneur judges.
- Leadership Essentials is a forum for alumni and students to hear about new directions in leadership.
The School also fosters and maintains collaborative relations with many local associations. These include the Association for Corporate Growth (a hub for the city’s business community), the LA Venture Association (Southern California’s premier forum for entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, angel investors, and professional advisors), the Economic Development Corporation of Ventura County, and a center for entrepreneurial business incubation and collaboration hosted at our Westlake Center.
Graduates of our MBA program work for some of the area's leading employers:
- Bank of America
- Anthem, Inc.
- Wells Fargo
- Baxter International Inc.
- Northrop Grumman
- Kaiser Permanente
- J.D. Power
- The Walt Disney Company
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- County of Ventura
- Merrill Lynch
- Farmers Insurance
- Ameriprise Financial Services
- PenyMac Loan Services
- US Navy
- General Motors
- Blue Shield of California
- and many, many more.