Quality Learning Environment
THE WIU MBA OFFERS MANY ADVANTAGES INCLUDING:
- Accessible online
- Integrated MBA - A Bachelor's Degree & MBA in 5 years
- Accessible faculty that pride themselves on student mentoring
- Average class size of 16
- Advanced technology in computer labs and classrooms
- Individual academic advising
- Internship opportunities
- On-campus presentations by industry leaders
- Faculty with doctoral and law degrees from more than 40 internationally recognized universities
FULL-TIME, DOCTORAL QUALIFIED FACULTY ENRICH LEARNING:
- Student-oriented interaction and advanced dialog
- Interactive classroom discussions based on current events
- Quantitative, technical, and theoretical approaches to business problem solving
- Diverse academic, professional, and research backgrounds
- AACSB Accredited: WIU’s College of Business and Technology ranks among the top 25 percent of business schools in the world.
- The WIU MBA is open to business graduates and those in liberal arts, engineering, mathematics, science, and other fields. Individual degree program requirement is based on previously completed coursework and may range between 33 and 54 semester hours.
Admission to the WIU MBA requires an acceptable combination of a cumulative grade point average (4.0 scale) and the total GMAT score in the following formula: 200(GPA) + GMAT ≥ 1100.
The GMAT exam measures verbal, mathematical, analytical, and writing skills. It’s an indicator of a student’s ability for academic success in graduate business studies. Most U.S. business schools use the test as criteria for MBA admissions. The test is delivered electronically at testing centers in major metropolitan areas of the U.S. Composite scores range from 200 to 800 points.
At WIU, the GMAT is not required in all cases. For students with an AACSB accredited business degree and a cumulative undergraduate GPA above 3.60 (4.0 scale), the GMAT is not required.
For all other applicants, a minimum GMAT score of 450 or better is highly recommended. Most applicants who are accepted into the MBA at WIU have GMAT scores above 500.
GMAT TEST PREPARATION
Improve your chances of gaining admission to the MBA program of your choice with a proven curriculum and resources. Our comprehensive GMAT exam prep course covers each area of this challenging exam: mathematics, reading comprehension, grammar, critical reasoning, and essay writing. Reinforce your skills with practice on real GMAT questions and exam simulations and benefit from the tips and strategies offered by our experienced GMAT instructor, Bill Jorgesen, BSIE, MBA.
GMAT EXAM PREP COURSE REGISTRATION & CONTACT INFORMATION
Visit the Executive Studies Center website for information on the next available GMAT class or contact William Jorgensen @ the Executive Studies Center. The Course Fee is $395 per person and includes a custom-designed workbook The Official Guide for GMAT Review – 13th Edition. You can register online or contact the College of Business and Technology for alternative registration options.
- In-State: $317.31 per credit hour
- Out-of-State: $634.62 per credit hour