The Turner College of Business offers an accredited on-campus Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree that prepares individuals for managerial positions in business, industry, or government. With our smaller average class size, our dedicated faculty and staff, and our reasonable tuition, we may be the best buy in higher education in the region.
Emphasis is placed on global business, human behavior, organizations, accounting, operations, marketing, finance, information systems, and their impacts on managerial decision making. Teamwork, the international context of business, and the ethical dimensions of managerial decisions are stressed throughout the program. Our MBA program will allow students to gain awareness of international, multicultural, ethical, and diversity issues within today’s context.
The MBA is a 30-hour program, requiring a student to complete 10 graduate courses. Full-time students can complete the program in one year by taking 12 hours during fall and spring semesters and six hours during a summer term. All MBA classes are taught in the evening. The program can also be adapted for students who wish to attend part-time. Students can enter the MBA program in spring, summer or fall semesters and have a maximum of six years from the first term of enrollment to complete all MBA degree requirements.
Careers for MBA graduates cover a very wide and diverse field of industries and opportunities. Graduates will find challenging and fulfilling positions in public and private sectors including government agencies, large corporations, non-profit organizations, small businesses, academia, marketing and many other fields. Many MBA graduates find ease in moving up to higher management positions within their current jobs and have ample opportunity to continue to advance their careers.
Beyond the general graduate program requirements, the MBA degree program has the following additional requirements:
- A graduate application, available online or in the paper, with the application fee.
- An official baccalaureate degree transcript from an accredited institution.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)Scores; students may also submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores. Only scores within the past five years will be accepted.
- GMAT school code: R64-XW-20
- GRE school code:5123
- Two recommendation letters from professional sources such as current or former employers, faculty, or business associates are required.Please use the recommendation form(DOC)provided.
- A current resume
ACCT 2101 Principles of Accounting 1
ACCT 2102 Principles of Accounting 2
BUSA 3115 Quantitative Analysis for Business Decisions Statistics
FINC 3105 Managerial Finance
(Student must fulfill by test or course with a C or better prior to registration for MBA6145, MBA6157, MBA6165)
- Graduate students will apply critical thinking skills to analyze and evaluate alternative business strategies.
- Graduate students will recognize and evaluate the impact of ethical, social, and diversity issues on business decisions.
- Graduates students will employ technology-based information systems to support decisions and recommendations.
- Graduate students will assess the impact of global economic environments on business decisions and strategies.
- Graduate students will integrate multiple business functions across a broad range of situations by solving problems and making strategic decisions.
Additional Program Requirements
This degree is subjected to the following requirements and conditions:
- Students with previous graduate work may request up to six hours of transfer credit. Only credit from an AACSB accredited institution will be approved.
- All students must complete the core curriculum for the degree.
- A minimum B average in core courses, with no more than two Cs, is required for degree completion.
- Students have a maximum of six years from the first term of enrollment to complete all MBA degree requirements.