A program for professionals developing essential business skills
The Master of Business Administration Program reflects Husson's belief that a good education is more than a matter of theory and books. Our graduate program is designed to develop and strengthen your skills in analysis, decision making, and leadership. Active classrooms, courses tied closely to actual management experience, and a diverse student body representing various academic and industry backgrounds contribute to a fuller, more useful education. Our program is distinguished by the following:
Developing Essential Business Skills
The Master of Business Administration Program is a thirty-six credit graduate management curriculum designed to develop and strengthen skills in analysis, decision-making, and implementation. The program balances strengths in the traditional areas of accounting, finance, operations, and marketing with careful attention to the development of skills in communication, interpersonal relations, and leadership essential to effective performance in organizations.
Students from a Variety of Backgrounds
In the Master of Business Administration Program, there are no undergraduate prerequisites to graduate-level coursework. Working professionals with bachelor's degrees from a wide range of fields find the program well suited for continuing professional development.
A Program for Professionals
Our programs are designed around you, with convenient evening, weekend, and online course options that allow you to balance work and home life while you earn your MBA. The part-time student can complete the program in two years without career interruption. The program is offered on the Husson campus in Bangor, at the University's Southern Maine and Northern Maine locations, online, and at selected other off-campus locations.
Concentrations offered beyond the general Master of Business Administration program are:
- Athletic Administration
- Biotechnology & Innovation
- Data Analytics
- Healthcare Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Organizational Management
- Risk Management
Objectives for the MBA Program
Husson University's MBA program is a graduate business program suitable for students from a wide variety of backgrounds. Hands-on learning experiences combined with practical classroom instruction provide students with the essential business skills needed to effectively manage and lead organizations.
Upon completion of the MBA program, students will:
- display competencies and knowledge in key business functional areas including accounting, finance, marketing, and management
- possess the skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- work effectively and professionally in teams
- develop an understanding of the diverse and rapidly changing global business environment
- possess the skills to identify professional issues in a variety of contexts
- apply decision-making techniques, using both quantitative and qualitative analysis, to management issues
- analyze and evaluate ethical problems that occur at all levels of business decision making
- conduct strategic analysis using both theoretical and practical applications