An integrated MBA degree that prepares students to lead effectively in today’s complex business environment.
The Golden Gate University (GGU) MBA program will advance your leadership skills and business knowledge using an activity-based learning approach. Faculty members are seasoned professionals in their respective fields and will prepare you to lead in today's complex business environment.
GGU's MBA program builds leadership skills throughout the program, provides an integrated perspective of management, and allows you to tailor the program with one of 14 concentrations to meet your interests and goals. Concentrations include business analytics, entrepreneurship, project management and even the option to design your own.
Since launching the MBA program more than half a century ago, GGU has pioneered evening and online programs for working professionals to achieve their career objectives. You can proceed at your own pace in deciding how many courses to take in a given trimester and study fully in-person, completely online or a combination of both.
Students in the program come from the San Francisco Bay Area, the United States and more than 50 countries around the world. With our location in the heart of San Francisco's thriving business community, strong connections to Bay Area business leaders, and a distinguished community of more than 70,000 alumni, the educational experience and the networks available to you are unparalleled.
Graduates of the MBA program should be able to:
- Demonstrate a general management "holistic" perspective.
- Demonstrate managerial and leadership skills, such as teamwork, critical thinking, and problem-solving, communications and presentations, self-awareness.
- Master and apply general management analytic processes and tools for decision making.
- Integrate strategic business objectives within competitive industry dynamics.
- Integrate strategic business objectives within the socio-political-economic-ecological-global context.
- Understand functional areas’ impact on business and departmental interaction issues.
- Demonstrate integrated business level planning.
The GMAT/GRE is NOT required for applicants with more than 5 years of professional work experience (and a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited US institution or the equivalent from a recognized foreign (outside the US) institution). See below for additional waivers.
Applicants with fewer than 5 years of professional work experience will be evaluated by undergraduate grade-point averages in combination with a GMAT or GRE score.
Additional waivers for the GMAT/GRE:
- A master's or higher degree from a regionally accredited US institution.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license.
- A professional license or designation earned by passing a nationally recognized US examination (e.g. CMA, CIA) AND approval granted by petitioning the dean of the Edward S. Ageno School of Business.
Graduate degree programs require proficiency in writing to ensure that students are successful in their course of study.
Students will need to have an understanding of United States business practices to be successful in our graduate programs.
Students admitted to this program are expected to possess a level of mathematical skill at least equivalent to College Algebra (MATH 30).
Computer Proficiency Requirement
Applicants are expected to demonstrate a working familiarity with computers and software applications appropriate for graduate studies. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet analysis, and network access capabilities are included for evaluation. Deficiencies in computer proficiency may require additional work as determined by the faculty.
79 TOEFL or 6.5 IELTS or 57 PTE is the minimum exam score.
The MBA curriculum uses an integrative approach to teach critical management skills and competencies, including decision-making, managerial analysis, and communications. Functional courses emphasize how different business units (finance, marketing, operations, etc.) interact with each other to support the long-term objectives of the business entity. This approach helps students hone critical integrative thinking, logic and problem-solving skills to prepare for the daily challenges in the workplace.
Courses are conducted using proven methodologies, such as activity-based learning, competency development, flipped classrooms and online learning activities.
Foundation courses - 9 units
- ACCTG 201 Accounting for Managers
- ECON 202 Economics for Managers
- MATH 240 Data Analysis for Managers
Core courses - 33 units
Skills courses - 12 units
- MBA 300 Management and Leadership
- MBA 301 Personal Leadership
- MBA 302 Communications and Presentations
- MBA 303 Teamwork
Contextual courses - 6 units
- MBA 310 Context of Business
- MBA 311 Strategic Analysis and Design
Functional courses - 12 units
- MBA 320 Marketing
- MBA 321 Finance
- MBA 322 Operations
- MBA 323 Information Technology Management
Capstone course - 3 units
- MBA 350 Business Planning
Concentration courses - 12 units
One of the following:
- General Concentration
- Business Data Analytics
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology Management
- International Business
- Project Management
- Public Administration
- Public Relations
or choose Multiple Concentrations*
*Two or more concentrations may be taken in the MBA program. All of the courses for multiple concentrations must be completed prior to graduation. Additional concentrations may not be requested after the MBA has been conferred. Diplomas will list all of the concentrations successfully completed prior to degree conferral.
International student welcome scholarship
Golden Gate University welcomes international students from all over the world. We are excited to introduce a one-time scholarship for all international students who enroll in our Graduate Degree Program and meet the requirements. You may receive a scholarship in the amount of up to USD $2,000 off tuition.
Cost & Fees
$3,045 per 3-unit course
About the School
For the second consecutive year, Washington Monthly ranks Golden Gate University America's #1 School for Adult Learners in its annual College Guide and Rankings. Golden Gate University prepares indivi ... Read More