The MBA program consists of 2 full years of work (4 semesters). Students will take four courses in each of the first three semesters. The fourth semester is entirely dedicated to the research project. No course is elective at this time.
Thesis/Final Project Time Extensions
Students who do not complete the thesis/final project after registering for full credits must register for the full thesis/final project credits the subsequent semester. All students must be registered in the semester in which they defend their thesis.
Note: A student must complete all degree requirements within five years from the time of initial enrollment into the program.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
The language of instruction in the MBA program in English and the following are minimum English language requirements for admissions into the American University of Malta MBA Program:
PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES FOR THE MBA PROGRAM WHO ARE NON-NATIVE SPEAKERS OF ENGLISH:
- a minimum TOEFL score of 600 on the Paper-Based
- 250 on the Computer-Based
- or 100 on the Internet-Based test or 6.0 IELTS
THE FOLLOWING EXEMPTIONS FROM THE PREVIOUSLY STATED ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS RULES APPLY:
- A native speaker of English who has completed his or her undergraduate education in an English-medium institution and in a country where English is the official language
- An applicant with an undergraduate qualification from an English-medium institution who can provide evidence of acquiring a minimum TOEFL score of 550 on the Paper-Based test, or its equivalent on another approved standardized test, at the time of admission to their first-degree program
To apply for an MBA program you need to have:
- Undergraduate degree in any discipline
- Two years applicable experience
- English proficiency
To be eligible for admission to the MBA Program, the applicant must have completed an undergraduate degree (e.g. US Bachelor or European 3-yr initial degree, equivalent to an MQF level 6) in any discipline, and must have at least three years of work experience.
For those who apply to the MBA program in the first year, their applications will be reviewed by specialists in the field for consistency with the program’s requirement of a Bachelor’s degree and 2 years work experience.
Admissions standards follow the NCFHE Guidelines for Accreditation of MQF Level 7 Courses minimum entry requirements.
Admission to a graduate program requires a TOEFL score of 600 or IELTS of 6.