If your goal is moving your career and personal advancement to new heights, our MBA degree program is for you. The Adventist University of Africa offers an MBA program for working professionals and full-time students. Our MBA program is about fresh thinking, innovative leadership, stewardship, positive impact, social responsibility, spiritual and ethical values to balance professional competency. Thus, the MBA program emphasizes three of the most fundamental aspects of management: strategic thinking, functional effectiveness and efficient decision-making based on quantitative and qualitative data. Every course in the program offers opportunities to develop decision-making skills in practical situations.
The curriculum sequence is carefully crafted to create classes both grounded in traditional management theory and relevant to problems and trends facing organizational leadership today. It offers integrated course sequence that promotes understanding of the whole organization rather than the traditional, discipline-specific method. More so, our course delivery offers flexibility, convenience and easy access that enable students to take courses from wherever they are. Information technology is integral to the delivery of every course including the delivery of content materials, student assignments, and communication with the students.
A program of study can be selected in the following areas:
- Information Systems
- Health Care Management
Why Join AUA’s MBA Program?
- AUA is a Chartered University.
- Our online program offers flexibility, convenience and easy access that enables you to take courses from wherever you are.
- AUA is a modern University strengthened by diversity and committed to quality and excellence.
- AUA has well-qualified and dedicated international faculty with a wealth of experience in business and research.
- AUA offers value-based education that prepares its graduates to be socially responsible and ethically upright.
- Our interactive classes help students learn from each other’s career and work experiences.
- Our program offers professional enhancement seminars and field trips to polish your leadership and managerial skills.
If your career isn’t moving fast enough or taking you in the right direction, it’s time to start creating your own opportunities. The regular MBA is designed for individuals who want the dynamic environment of a full-time MBA and the flexibility to continue their current careers. Students generally have class from 5:30 – 8:30 pm Mondays through Thursdays with some Sunday sessions. The program may be completed within 18 – 24 months.
This unique cohort format is designed for individuals from the corporate, public and not-for-profit sectors whose busy schedules cannot afford them to take evening or weekend classes. Typically, courses are delivered within 11 weeks of intensive classes over two years. The program brings together a remarkable cross-section of high-level professionals from different parts of Africa making the MBA Cohort much richer and building lifelong connections. This is more appropriate for workers who are sponsored and supported by their organizations due to the time factor. To accommodate the varied schedules for a diverse student body, AUA offers three MBA cohort schedules each year in our main campus (Kenya) and extension campuses in Ghana (Valley View University) and South Africa (Helderberg College).
- Applicants must have a first degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 3.0-grade point average (on a 4.0 point scale) or its equivalent. Applicants whose GPA fall below 3.0 shall be assessed and offered provisional admission and monitored to ensure that they maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00 for the first two semesters.
- In addition, applicants should have at least two years of post-graduate work experience.
- Also, applicants are expected to request their former universities and/or employing organization to submit two letters of recommendations (aptitude and character) directly to the AUA Admission Office.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website (www.aua.ac.ke), completed and mailed to the Office of the Registrar, Adventist University of Africa, Private Bag 00503 Mbagathi, Nairobi – Kenya.
The admission to the MBA program is entirely on merit. The objective of the admissions criteria is to select individuals who have demonstrated their commitment to personal and professional growth.