Our 1-year program allows you to build a global network with individualized management coursework that encourages teamwork with other students from around the world. This international perspective is supplemented by specialized leadership development and business communication coursework developed by industry experts.
Regardless of what you want out of your MBA, you can count on getting global exposure, small classes with personal attention and a real-world approach, all in just one year. This program is available as an online learning program or in-classroom at select on-campus locations. Some Webster locations offer the one year MBA in a weekend format.
1-Year MBA Program Points of Distinction
Small classes, personal attention, international perspective, and a real-world approach to learning, the Webster University one year master of business administration (MBA) program is designed for people like you. Courses integrate information and theories from various disciplines, providing you with the tools and techniques needed to problem solve in a wide variety of business situations.
- Global connections enhance international perspective through online resources, cross-cohort projects and live case studies.
- Structured, cohort based program forges strong relationships amongst classmates and instructors.
- Accelerated Format allows students to finish in 1 year while continuing to meet work and personal commitments.
- Individualized career management supports student success beyond the classroom.
- Webster University has one of the highest graduate business enrollments in the U.S., and the Walker School is recognized for highly specialized leadership and management programs in a multicultural world
The MBA degree-seeking student should consult the Admission, Enrollment, and Academic Policies sections under Academic Policies and Procedures for policies regarding application, admission, registration, and the academic policies of Webster University. Academic policies or exceptions to policies applicable to MBA students are noted under their respective general academic policies.
- BUSN 5000 Business (3 hours)
- BUSN 5600 Accounting Theory and Practice (3 hours)
- BUSN 5620 Current Economic Analysis (3 hours)
Note: Program prerequisites are to be completed before beginning coursework for the MBA for those students who have not completed prerequisite courses (or an appropriate equivalent) within five years of entering the program and having earned a grade of B or better.
If the appropriate prerequisite course content was completed more than five years prior to entering the program, the department will allow a waiver if the student demonstrates command of the content area by successfully completing a waiver examination. Prerequisite courses may not count as electives in the 36-credit-hour MBA.
The required courses in the MBA program are:
- MRKT 5000 Marketing (3 hours)
- MNGT 5590 Organizational Behavior (3 hours)
- BUSN 5760 Applied Business Statistics (3 hours)
- FINC 5000 Finance (3 hours)
- FINC 5880 Advanced Corporate Finance (3 hours)
- MNGT 5990 Corporate Responsibility and Society (3 hours)
- BUSN 6070 Management Accounting (3 hours)
- BUSN 6110 Operations and Project Management (3 hours)
- BUSN 6120 Managerial Economics (3 hours)
- BUSN 6200 Strategy and Competition (3 hours)
- Additional elective credit hours (6 hours)
- 3.0 GPA from undergraduate degree granting institution
- Complete all prerequisites prior to program start
- Complete all other requirements for admission Webster University
- Program begins in Fall 1 term each academic year. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through August 1.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017