Face to face this September
The University of Gibraltar is committed to providing an excellent learning experience that is personal and participative. This programme will be delivered face-to-face and on-campus delivery as from September 2020. Its one-campus layout, strict physical distancing policy and small class sizes mean that you avoid larger crowds and reduce the risk of contagion. Our one-campus layout and small class sizes mean that you avoid larger crowds and reduce the risk of contagion.
Join us when you’re ready
We will be ready to welcome you on campus this September, but we also understand that Covid-19 may affect travel plans and delay some visa applications. If you are unable to get to Gibraltar by the start of your programme, we will give you the choice to enrol virtually initially, meaning you can join us when you are ready.
Read the University of Gibraltar’s Personal Tuition Pledge: https://www.unigib.edu.gi/face-to-face-teaching-as-from-september/
About this course
The University of Gibraltar MBA is a contemporary and career-focused management programme that aims to challenge and inspire you. Whether you are seeking to boost your career prospects or change its direction, an MBA is an elite professional qualification that will provide you with the business management skills that will set you apart from the competition.
Our smaller class sizes mean that you’ll join a tightly-knit community of ambitious professionals and enjoy a more personalised experience with better access to tutors and staff.
The University of Gibraltar MBA is a one year full-time, or two years part-time accelerated course which will commence in September 2019 at the University’s School of Business.
By the time you graduate you should have the skills and experience to succeed in high-pressure, high-paying leadership roles.
Delivered by expert teaching staff and industry experts, the full-time MBA is a one-year accelerated course that usually requires a commitment of sixteen hours class time a week. The part-time study mode is designed to fit around your career and requires a commitment of 8 hours class time a week over evenings and weekends. The schedule below outlines a typical study plan.
Titles are subject to change. Timings will be different for the part-time mode.
Semester One (September - December)
- Accounting & Reporting
- Marketing Management
- Managing New Technologies
- Managing People
Semester Two (January - April)
- Leadership and Managing Change
- Managerial Finance
- Business Law
- Strategic Decision Making
Semester Three (May - August)
- Capstone Project*
* Students can choose a project that has a general focus or a more specialist focus such as Fintech, New Technologies, or Gaming.
A unique learning experience
Based at the University of Gibraltar’s award-winning Europa Point Campus, you will have access to specialist learning resources including open study areas and cutting-edge technology. This, combined with a curriculum that blends theoretical approaches to business disciplines with practical experience, means that you will emerge from the course ready to manage in the world of business.
Gibraltar enjoys a largely diverse, thriving economy and is the headquarters for a wealth of global businesses offering you opportunities to learn from the best and access valuable national and international networks.
Why choose this course?
- Face to Face Learning: You will benefit from teaching approaches that place you at the heart of learning and ensure learning is enjoyable.
- Future Proof: You will study a curriculum that is relevant, impactful and, above all, designed to give you the skills needed in the business world of tomorrow.
- Post-Study Employment: For international students, you will have the opportunity to stay and work in Gibraltar for up to two years following completion of your degree.
- Capstone Project: During semesters one and two, you will have the opportunity to learn and practice eight individual modules that aim to enhance your business management skills. The capstone project in your final year is a multifaceted assignment that provides a unique opportunity to apply all the skills and knowledge learned in the MBA.
- Quality: You will benefit from teaching and learning that is aligned with the UK standards of provision, but has the advantage of a Mediterranean setting within a dynamic business environment.
- Choice of Specialism: For your capstone project, you can choose a general focus or opt for a more specialist focus such as Fintech, New Technologies, or Gaming.
Typically, applicants for the MBA will:
- Possess a good first degree awarded by a UK university or overseas equivalent.
- Have recent work experience; we value the diversity of experience in our student body, therefore we welcome applications from recent graduates who have undertaken meaningful placements as well as those with all levels of work experience. We are more interested in the impact that you have had in your workplace than the length of time spent.
- Be able to communicate ideas effectively in writing, in discussions and presentations. Basic IT skills, such as word-processing, email and Internet are expected.
English Language Requirements:
- If English is not your first language you require an overall IELTS test result of 6.5, including a minimum of 6.0 in all sub-tests. Equivalent awards will be considered (e.g. Pearson’s Test of English, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English, City & Guilds International ESOL 8984, or the TOEFL- IBT test of English proficiency).
Offers are based on a combination of qualifications or predicted grades, the applicant’s personal statement and references.
- Full-Time: £14,500
- International (Non-EU): £16,500
Fees are subject to indexation
Applications for academic year 2020/2021 will open in October 2019. Application deadline June 2020.
About the School
Get ready to go further with the University of Gibraltar. Whatever you choose to study with us, you will get a more personal learning experience at a new kind of university. Our UK-aligned, industry- ... Read More