The ESMT Master of Business Administration is a one-year, full-time MBA program focusing on international management. Courses are taught at ESMT’s main campus in Berlin, Germany. ESMT accepts up to 65 talented professionals every year to join an intense program that highlights innovation, technology, sustainability, and personal development. Students are given unparalleled opportunities for self-improvement and networking while learning to master global business administration from Germany’s most international business faculty.
Curriculum: The redesigned full-time, one-year ESMT Berlin MBA program brings Berlin into the classroom, you into Berlin prepares you for a career in Germany. Based on the needs in the German job market, we designed tracks in Managerial Analytics, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, and Strategic Leadership, which allow you to build expertise in the areas that companies need today. Pre- and post-program options including German language courses and a coding bootcamp further enhance your skills. Global virtual teams, international options, and a company consulting project, combined with a class that is averages 94% international students each year mean that you will be ready to easily adapt to global business.
Leadership and personal development: At ESMT, we keep class sizes small so that every student’s development can be at the core of the program. No 500-person lecture halls here.
Managerial Analytics: Gain the skills, competencies and knowledge of the data landscape needed to manage analysts and drive data-oriented decision-making processes.
Innovation & Entrepreneurship: Experience firsthand Berlin's thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem. Integrated course projects connect you to entrepreneurs, VCs, angel investors, leading researchers in innovation, incubators, and more.
Strategic Leadership: Hone your aptitude to understand, assess, and execute complex strategies for profitable growth in an international context. Challenge yourself to become a structured problem solver in multidimensional economic, political, and cultural conditions.
Networking in Berlin: You will have multiple opportunities to network and meet HR representatives, business leaders, entrepreneurs, and academic specialists during the entire MBA program.
ESMT’s MBA is a 13-month program. Classes begin in January with graduation taking place in February of the following year.
In addition to the core program, some students take advantage of unique opportunities to further their educational or career goals:
- GLS Language School: Early applicants can move to Berlin a few months early to complete an intensive German language course at a reduced rate.
- GNAM Network Week: Students have the opportunity to attend classes for a week at prestigious partner schools. Participating institutions are Yale SOM New Haven; IE Madrid; EGADE Mexico City; Koç Istanbul; UCD Smurfit Dublin; Fudan Shanghai and many more.
- Coding Bootcamp: Delve into the fundamentals of coding during an intensive 6-month course either before or after the MBA.
- Beijing Exchange Program: Up to two students per year extend their MBA by 6 months to take further MBA courses at the Peking University Guanghua School of Management.
- Responsible Leadership Fellowship: In coordination with ESMT's Circle of Friends, MBA graduates can delay their job search for 6 months to provide pro-bono services to social entrepreneurs, NGOs, and business schools in developing countries.
To be considered for the ESMT international MBA program, students need to have:
- At least three years of professional, postgraduate experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong GMAT or GRE scores
- For non-native English speakers, TOEFL scores (95 minimum) or equivalent
- Completed online application
- Personal interview
Living in Berlin:
MBA students should budget enough money to cover their apartment, insurance, public transportation or bicycle, food, and entertainment. We recommend budgeting €1,000 to €1,500 a month.