Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program provides training in business for students interested in understanding the working nature of business in a competitive environment. Courses in the MBA program integrate information and theories from various disciplines, including accounting, economics, finance, marketing, production operations, and strategic management.
The objective of this program is to develop students into broadly educated business managers and executives who understand the nature of business as a whole, with the tools and techniques applicable to a wide variety of business situations.
The capstone for the MBA program gives students the chance to bring together all of the theories, skills, and tools studied during the program and integrate them into a learning experience that highlights the nature of competition and the kind of strategic maneuvering that must be done in order to succeed.
- Graduates will demonstrate foundation knowledge in each of the primary functional areas of business.
- Graduates will be able to solve semi-structured business problems.
- Graduates will be able to solve unstructured business problems.
The degree requires satisfactory completion of 36 US credit hours of the MBA curriculum. Students who require prerequisite courses may have to complete more than the minimum required US credit hours for this degree.
The 12 required core courses in the MBA program are:
- MRKT 5000 Marketing (3 hours)
- MNGT 5590 Organizational Behavior (3 hours)
- MNGT 5990 Corporate Responsibility & Society (3 hours)
- FINC 5000 Finance (3 hours)
- FINC 5880 Advanced Corporate Finance (3 hours)
- BUSN 5760 Applied Business Statistics (3 hours)
- BUSN 6070 Management Accounting (3 hours)
- BUSN 6110 Operations and Project Management (3 hours)
- BUSN 6120 Managerial Economics (3 hours)
- BUSN 6200 Strategy and Competition (3 hours)
- BUSN 6250 Thesis (6 hours)
- BUSN 5000 Business (3 hours)
- BUSN 5600 Accounting Theory and Practice (3 hours)
- BUSN 5620 Current Economic Analysis (3 hours)
Note: Program prerequisites are to be completed before beginning coursework for the MBA for those students who have not completed prerequisite courses (or an appropriate equivalent) within five years of entering the program and having earned a grade of B or better. If the appropriate prerequisite course content was completed more than five years prior to entering the program, the department will allow a waiver if the student demonstrates command of the content area by successfully completing a waiver examination. Prerequisite courses may not count as electives in the 37-credit-hour MBA.