Designed for all professionals in corporations, nonprofits, and governmental agencies demanding sustainability knowledge and practice.
You will have the opportunity to learn the most innovative best practices in the field of Sustainable Tourism and the responsible management of hotels.
You will improve your leadership and entrepreneurial skills by tackling sustainability challenges while leading tourist facilities and managing protected areas.
Experiential camps and practice-oriented projects will be guided by academics and professionals. These projects are part of SUMASâ innovative teaching methodology which includes video conferences with leading speakers in organizations and in-class company presentations. These activities not only encourage knowledge sharing but also provide valuable opportunities for networking to enhance your career development.
SUMAS students can choose to take a second optional year and engage in an internship in a corporation or an international organization.
Length: 1 year (Full Time) / 2 Years (Part-Time)
Content: 9 core modules, 5 major modules, Final Capstone Projects in collaboration with executives.
Starting Dates: February and September.
Requirements for the MBA Programs:
Our university welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a Bachelors degree. Once you have applied, our admissions team will be in contact with you for any further requirements.
- Application fee of CHF 200.
- Official certified transcripts and diplomas of Bachelor's studies, with certified translation (if not originally in English).
- CV/Resume indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order.
- Motivation Letter indicating why you want to study in Switzerland at Sustainability Management School.
- If you are not a native English speaker or you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school or in an English work environment.
- Photocopy of valid passport or ID.
- Two passport photographs.
- Applications from non-degree candidates will be evaluated for our Executive-MBA based on 3-4 years managerial work experience.
View more alumni here
Graduate Program Costs
- Application fee (non-refundable, due with application submission) CHF 200
- Advanced tuition payment (non-refundable, due upon receipt of acceptance letter)** CHF 3'000
- Advanced tuition fee for students with VISA requests (refundable in case of VISA refusal)** CHF 10'000
- Tuition for program CHF 39'545
- Expenses and Materials* CHF 650
- Optional Internship & Professional Development 2nd year CHF 9'900
*Expenses and materials include eBook chapters and eJournals. Applications for simulation game software, capstone, and student trips are additional costs and not included in the overall price.
** Deductible from tuition fee initial payment.
SUMAS does not currently offer any scholarship programs or grants.
Our experiential camps based around the world will help to raise your awareness of sustainable living and will allow you to develop practical solutions to environmental challenges.
GNH (Gross National Happiness)
Learn about Bhutan's unique outlook on sustainability and holistic happiness while enjoying the scenic landscape of this unique country.
Lectures about the countryâs growing eco-tourism trend and visits to their leading tour operators to find out how Iceland is leading sustainable tourism today.
Discover nature conservation first hand in Costa Rica and find out how this lush Central American country is combating conservation issues daily.
About the School
The aim of the SUMAS is to educate socially responsible global decision makers of the future who will make a real difference in the world. Its purpose is to deliver an innovative mix of sound business ... Read More