Reasons for choosing this master programme
- Your career gets a powerful boost with a MBA degree;
- Our MBA is highly focused on professional practice and sharing best practices with experienced lecturers from the field and academia;
- Our MBA pays a lot of attention to your personal leadership development and professional skills;
- Our MBA values the United Nations SDGs and offers topics such as circular economy, sustainability, innovative business models and responsible management.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Today, businesses face many global challenges such as climate change, urbanization, migration, digitization, health crises and shifting economic powers. MBA graduates are therefore expected to be fully equipped to face a variety of business and management challenges beyond the economic and financial realms, and they should be able to come up with effective but also responsible and sustainable solutions. Therefore, The Hague Graduate School has adopted a strong focus on sustainability, responsibility and social entrepreneurship in our master programmme. Besides being a responsible leader, an MBA graduate from The Hague Graduate School is also a confident leader, able to apply relevant business knowledge and management theory combined with the latest best practices. Our MBA graduates should be able to analyse and solve managerial problems effectively and find workable strategic solutions in challenging situations. They will also be able to kick-start a business or innovation effectively and will have obtained relevant and up-to-date knowledge about all aspects of doing business in a modern corporate world.
Why should you choose the full-time MBA at The Hague Graduate School?
You choose to follow this master with us for at least four important reasons: flexibility in choosing your programme, practical orientation, location, networking, and our special focus.
You are highly committed to this intensive full-time master programme and having a part-time job is not recommended. We ask your full dedication to the programme for one year.
Take a look at the FAQs for all your questions about the coronavirus.
All of our English-taught master programmes are also offered in Dutch. As a working professional you have the option to the full-time or part-time English-taught MBA, or the part-time Dutch-taught MBA. You choose the best option matching your situation:
- The intensive full-time programme of 1 year, for students mostly in the beginning of their careers with an average of 2-5 years of working experience;
- The two-year part-time programme for working professionals, targeting international and Dutch students with at least 3 years of working experience and who already live and work in the Netherlands, mostly in mid to senior levels;
- Another part-time option would be studying at your own pace with separate master-modules that are part of the regular programme. This option is only for students who already live and work in the Netherlands. If you are interested in these masterclasses, please click here.
Whether you choose a full-time or a part-time MBA, in English or in Dutch, the master programme itself will remain the same. For example, both options have a practical emphasis and focus on your leadership and entrepreneurial development, of course taking into account your level of expertise. All aspects of doing business will be taught, from Strategy to Marketing and Innovation, from Economics to Finance. During each module, you will learn about real business problems and share best practices. You will actively work on analysing and solving current business cases. At the end, you will deliver an integration project in collaboration with a real company. All of our MBA modules will therefore support you in growing into a flexible leader at a senior level with profound insight into global issues, environmental factors and business innovation.
The city of The Hague is the International City of Peace and Justice - the political and cultural heart of the Netherlands. It is home to the Peace Palace, International Court of Justice, Dutch parliament, 115 embassies, multinationals like Shell, Siemens and ING and many international NGOs.
The Hague Graduate School is in close cooperation with the organizations in the region for the ‘real life’ experience, programme input and to keep the programmes innovating. International organizations are within your reach.
The Hague University campus is located in the heart of the city, next to public transportation, housing facilities and in close proximity to the beach and nature.
Learning and networking
The Master of Business Administration at The Hague Graduate School offers much more than business and management related topics. The MBA programme has an international business, entrepreneurial and sustainability focus. Learning from and with other professionals is another key focus, as an MBA is traditionally based on sharing best practices with fellow students from a range of industries. With classrooms consisting of multiple nationalities and cultural backgrounds from all over the world you will develop yourself into a versatile leader with a firm global business perspective.
The Hague University of Applied Sciences is a UNESCO Associated School, we pay a lot of attention to your personal development as well as the environment and the SDGs of the United Nations. We value corporate social responsibility and social entrepreneurship so much, that we have created a special module within the MBA for these topics. Personal Leadership Development runs throughout the programme. The Integration module at the end of the programme combines all theory and skills from previous modules in a real consultancy project.
A typical student at our full-time program is a world citizen. You are committed into moving to the Netherlands for one year and leave your job (temporarily), or perhaps you have just completed your bachelor’s in the Netherlands in International Business or a related topic of study. You have been working at an international company or in a global industry, or perhaps you already call yourself an entrepreneur or an independent consultant. Your professional language is English. Your minimum level of education is at bachelor’s. You have at least two years of working experience, preferably in a leading role or managing your own business, and you are interested in global business and management topics. You are ready to work on your leadership behaviour and develop your professional competencies to a senior level. You want to get more out of yourself, your job and your organization. This master with an international business perspective will give you all the tools you need in order to succeed.
- Strategy: strategic decision making based on case studies and business models
- Finance 1: financial and managerial accounting and control
- Operations Management: operations systems, supply chain, business process improvement
- Human Experience: organizational behavior, HRM and talent management
- Economics: managerial economics, global markets, macro and micro economics
- Marketing: marketing fundamentals, digital marketing
- Finance 2: corporate finance
- Business Innovation: entrepreneurship and innovation, business model canvas
- Personal Leadership Development: leadership workshops and final consultancy project
- Business Research Methods: thesis workshops, qualitative and quantitative analysis, statistics
- Thesis: thesis proposal, applied research thesis and oral defense
- Lectures per week: 12-15 hours (weekdays)
- Self-study per week: 24 hours
- Study load per week: 36 hours
- Period of total study: 12 months
At The Hague Graduate School we focus on offering you quality education with personal attention in a blended setting. Our education is offered in a mix of online and on-campus lectures and gatherings. For more information about blended education at The Hague Graduate School, please check the extra information on this page.
- Payment in one go: € 21.999
- Payment in terms: € 22.499
- Books: € 800
- Total investment: € 22.799 tot € 23.249
Nice to know:
- A scholarship may be applicable. Find more information about scholarships.
- Dutch students are exempt from VAT (btw).
- Parts of the programme costs can be deductible. For more information, please check: belastingdienst.nl.
These are the requirements for the Fulltime & Part-time English-taught masters:
- Bachelor degree
- Final transcript
- English level test score (IELTS minimum score of 6.0 on every sub score and an overall minimum score of 6.5; or equivalent test)
- 2 years relevant professional work experience (MBA PT 3 years)
- Mandatory intake interview
- Motivation Statement
- Recommendation letter
- Resumé / Curriculum Vitae
English language requirements
As our international Master programmes are taught entirely in English, candidates must demonstrate a good command of the English language, both spoken and written. You can view the English language requirements in this document.
Contact the admissions office (email@example.com) for more information.
When you have successfully completed this master:
- You will receive the accredited degree of Master of Business Administration (MBA);
- You may use the title Master of Business Administration (MBA);
- You are proficient in all aspects of doing business in order to start your own company;
- You are able to analyse, apply and create innovative global business strategies to increase company efficiency;
- You are capable of applying business research methods to professional practice.
An MBA with a heart and mind
“We are very proud to offer an MBA with the aim of developing the responsible leaders and innovative entrepreneurs of the future. Our programme offers traditional business and management topics alongside current global themes. We aim to deliver MBA graduates with strong professional skills and a high degree of self-regulation in order to become effective in any organisation. Our international emphasis, global citizen perspective and networking focus are thereby important aspects of our master’s programme. I am proud to offer you this esteemed degree to boost your professional career by being fully prepared for the future."
Dr M.Y. Pieper-Zwaanstra
Programme Manager MBA
If you have any further questions about admission requirements, enrolment or content of the program, please check the frequently asked questions or contact us:
Telephone: + 31 (0)70 445 8900
(Mon.-Fri. from 8:30 am to 5 pm)
About the School
Looking at the world around you with open eyes: at The Hague Graduate School, part of The Hague University of Applied Sciences, that is simply the norm. After all, it is by keeping its eyes wide open ... Read More