- Curriculum designed to promote your career development
- Curriculum covers theoretical and practical skills from a broad perspective
- 50% of the modules will be taught by SBS-UOW’s very own MBA professors and lecturers (fly-in faculty)
- Master Classes focusing on contemporary issues in business
- Focus on analytical thinking, innovation, and creativity
- Emphasis on a stimulating learning environment using a blend of teaching methodologies that focus global business issues
- Online teaching and learning resources – access to online library resources and databases
- Options for study abroad tours
The Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong (SBS-UOW) MBA is designed to promote your career development by providing a stimulating learning environment using a blend of teaching methodologies that focus on Australian, Asian and global business issues. The program comprises eight core units and four elective units, which are structured across a broad range of management and business themes. The core units are designed to develop students’ core competencies, ranging from strategic analysis and decision making through to an appreciation of global business challenges, complemented by people, financial, marketing and system analysis skills. An overarching theme of the core program is an emphasis on analytical thinking, innovation, and creativity.
Included in the SBS-UOW MBA are six one day Master Classes focusing on contemporary issues in business. In addition, you have the opportunity/option to participate in formal exchange programs or our Study Abroad Tour. Sydney Business School’s Advantage
- The London-based International Graduate Forum (IGF) has ranked the Master of Business Administration degree No. 3 in Australia in its new rankings published in CEO magazine 2016.
- QS ranking system for business schools, called QS Business School Stars, has given the SBS-UOW a four-star ranking.
- SBS-UOW MBA is ranked 3rd in Australia and 22nd in the Asia-Pacific region in the 2014/2015 QS Global 200 Business Schools Report.
11 Core Units
- Accounting for Managers
- Economic Analysis of Business
- Strategic Decision Making
- Marketing Management
- Managing People in Organisations
- International Business Strategy
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Strategy
- Managing for Success
- Business Analytics
- Management Project
- Supply Chain Management
Please contact 03-2052 2888 for more information.
- 3 years full time professional, supervisory or managerial experience
- Bachelor degree with average mark of 60%
- If requirements above are not met but have more than 5 years full time professional or managerial work experience and other tertiary qualifications applicants will be considered on a case by case basis
- For applicants who have a Bachelor degree and other relevant postgraduate degrees, or are members of professional accounting bodies (ASCPA, ICAA, ACCA, CIMA, HKSA), advanced standing up to 3 subjects may be considered
- English level –any one of the below requirements:
- IELTS: Overall score of 6.5, reading 6.0, writing 6.0, listening 6.0, speaking 6.0
- TOEFL (Internet-based): 88, reading 18, writing 18, listening 18, speaking 18
- Laureate English Programme (LEP): 66% & above, Level LEP 106
- Completion of an undergraduate programme in any recognized institution, where the medium of instruction is the English Language
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 28, 2017