Master of Business Administration for Non-Financials
Due to the more than 15 years of experience as a provider of MBA programs according to the traditional Anglo-Saxon model, the OHM Professional School (OPS) is considered one of the most experienced business schools in Germany.
Within 18 or 24 months, our MBA participants develop essential knowledge in central areas of corporate governance in an international context, concurrent with their regular employment.
The program of the MBA is made up of 14 internationally oriented modules and two electives. We are thus able to provide comprehensive management training that also includes all functional areas of classic Business Studies.
Study weeks at partner universities in the United States and China enrich and strengthen the cultural competency of our participants.
The design of the program places a particular emphasis on a good balance of theoretical and practical teaching modules. Partner companies that are closely linked to the OPS also contribute toward the strong practical relevance with their comprehensive support, as do lectures by renowned executives, and excursions.
You then complete your part-time MBA program with a three-month Master’s thesis, which ideally is of particular practical relevance.
The learning atmosphere in the part-time MBA program is characterized by multicultural diversity. Roughly 70% of program participants are of international origin.
The teaching and conversation language of the MBA program is solely English, which already serves to promote intercultural and social competence in the daily environment of the program.
Core subjects of the MBA program
- International Marketing
- International Supply Chain Management
- International Business Law
- International Accounting
- International Economics
- International Finance
- International Taxation
- Leadership in International Organizations
- Applied Leadership & Social Competence
- Intercultural Communication Competence
- Business Ethics
- Strategic Management
- Managerial Decisions
- Top Management Issues
Awards and accreditation
We at the OHM Professional School have been committed to quality and continuous improvement from the very beginning. As the MBA is carried out according to international standards and the Anglo-Saxon model, the OHM Professional School stands apart from other German universities.
The Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft (Association for the Promotion of Science and Humanities in Germany) in 2004 distinguished the Georg-Simon-Ohm Hochschule (Technische Hochschule Nürnberg since 2013) as the third-best university in the area of further education.
Since 2005 the General Management MBA has been ACQUIN accredited. In the course of the accreditation, the Master programs at the OHM Professional School (formerly Georg-Simon-Ohm Management Institute) were examined with regard to their content quality, their professional qualification, their modularization, their ECTS credit point system and their compliance with standard periods of study. Personnel, facilities, and quality management were further criteria that were assessed.
Objectives of the Master of Business Administration
- Personality development of MBA participants by supplementing traditional teaching content in business studies (hard skills) with leadership skills (soft skills)
- Direct international experience through roughly 70% foreign students, international guest lecturers, as well as field trips and study weeks at foreign partner universities
- Practical orientation of the MBA program through projects with companies, guest lectures by top managers, and company visits
- Understanding of holistic management approaches
The MBA program is aimed at performance-oriented applicants with completed degrees and at least two years of professional experience, who are looking to acquire academically founded and practice-oriented business management know-how in the field of international business.
Benefits for participants
- Internationally recognized academic degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- International learning atmosphere due to roughly 70% international students
- Compatibility of job and education
- Targeted, advanced training for use in an international environment
- Comprehensive teaching of fundamental leadership skills (soft skills)
- Highly qualified professors and experts from practical management in various industries
- Close contact with internationally operating partner companies of the OHM Professional School
- Project-related Master’s thesis, preferably in cooperation with companies
Advantages for your company
- Attractive training benefit for high potentials
- Increased employee loyalty as well as incentive for employees
- Increased acceptance of employees when dealing with international customers
- Improved image through internationally recognized academic training of employees
- Establishment of an international network of experts and key personnel
Applicants for the MBA program must meet the following requirements for admission:
- University degree (Bachelor, Diploma, Master)
- At least two years of professional experience after graduation
- GMAT is recommended for foreign students
- Proof of English language proficiency through one of the following tests: TOEFL (550 points, 213 points computer-based or 85 points Internet-based), TOEIC (750 points) or IELTS (6.0)
- Personal admission interview with the head of the degree program
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 2, 2018