The Master of Business Administration program provides students with the opportunity to advance their knowledge and skills in the field of business. Students may come from a business undergraduate degree or may elect to complete the foundational courses in order to ensure that all students enter the program with a solid background in the field of business. The core program courses provide students with an opportunity to enhance their analytical and practical skills in the areas of accounting, finance, economics, information systems, marketing, quantitative methods, and leadership. The emphasis areas provide students with an opportunity to tailor the program to help them to meet their specific career goals.
An MBA degree is seen in the business world as an indication that you have a general knowledge of accounting, economics, finance, and management, particularly from a middle or upper management perspective. NAU’s Master of Business Administration will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to meet the needs of today’s leading organizations. The Process and Project Management concentration will prepare you to work in positions that plan and control organizational developmental and procedural activities. Project managers take responsibility for the successful completion of projects, including controlling, monitoring and quality control of projects to help ensure that projects are completed within their constraints, including schedule and budget. The curriculum is designed to train students to effectively manage both complex and agile projects, as well as existing and refined processes
MBA Program Requirements
The MBA degree provided by NAU consists of two academic requirements: master's core courses and elective courses.The degree program consists of 10 courses and successful completion of 45.0 credit hours.
MT6255 must be completed during the first term and prior to completing the other master's courses. The core MBA courses are as follows:
- AC6550 Managerial Accounting 4.5
- EC6150 Managerial Economics 4.5
- FN6350 Financial Management 4.5
- MA6600 Quantitative Methods for Management Decisions 4.5
- MG6500 Marketing Administration 4.5
- MT6255 Introduction to Leadership and Quality 4.5
- MT6650 Strategy and Policy 4.5
Project and Process Management Emphasis
Students who select this option must complete the MBA core courses for the project and process management emphasis along with the following elective courses:
- MT6619 Project Management Essentials 4.5
- MT6621 Intermediate Project Management 4.5
- MT6622 Advanced Project Management 4.5
Graduates of the MBA program with an emphasis in Project and Process Management will:
- Manage projects efficiently and effectively by utilizing the initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing process groups.
- Evaluate and resolve complex issues within contemporary project management scenarios.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proof of English Competency
- No GRE Required!
- No Thesis Required!
- Chief Executives
- General and Operations Managers
- Sales Managers
- Administrative Services Managers
- Industrial Production Managers
- Construction Managers
- Social and Community Service Managers
- Cost Estimators
- Management Analysts
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 17, 2018