The Master of Business Administration program provides students with the opportunity to advance their knowledge and skills in the field of business. Students may come from a business undergraduate degree or may elect to complete the foundational courses in order to ensure that all students enter the program with a solid background in the field of business. The core program courses provide students with an opportunity to enhance their analytical and practical skills in the areas of accounting, finance, economics, information systems, marketing, quantitative methods, and leadership. The emphasis areas provide students with an opportunity to tailor the program to help them to meet their specific career goals.
An MBA degree is seen in the business world as an indication that you have a general knowledge of accounting, economics, finance, and management, particularly from a middle or upper management perspective. NAU’s Master of Business Administration will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to meet the needs of today’s leading organizations. Completion of the Operations and Configuration Management concentration focuses on the skills to effectively manage and optimize business operations and supply chains, as well as developing and refining process requirements and configuration.
MBA Program Requirements
The MBA degree provided by NAU consists of two academic requirements: master's core courses and elective courses.The degree program consists of 10 courses and successful completion of 45.0 credit hours.
MT6255 must be completed during the first term and prior to completing the other master's courses. The core MBA courses are as follows:
- AC6550 Managerial Accounting 4.5
- EC6150 Managerial Economics 4.5
- FN6350 Financial Management 4.5
- MA6600 Quantitative Methods for Management Decisions 4.5
- MG6500 Marketing Administration 4.5
- MT6255 Introduction to Leadership and Quality 4.5
- MT6650 Strategy and Policy 4.5
Operations and Configuration Management Emphasis
Students who select this option will pursue the standard MBA curriculum with a three-course emphasis in the area of operations and configuration management. Completion of this emphasis focuses on the skills to effectively manage and optimize business operations and supply chains, as well as developing and refining process requirements and configuration. To complete this emphasis, the student must complete the following three electives:
- MT6611 Enterprise Process Management 4.5
- MT6612 Optimize Enterprise Operations 4.5
- MT6613 Operations and Supply Chain Management 4.5
Graduates of the MBA program with an emphasis in Operations and Configuration Management will:
- Manage and optimize business operations and supply chains effectively.
- Develop and refine enterprise process requirements and configuration.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proof of English Competency
- No GRE Required!
- No Thesis Required!
- Chief Executives
- General and Operations Managers
- Sales Managers
- Administrative Services Managers
- Industrial Production Managers
- Construction Managers
- Social and Community Service Managers
- Cost Estimators
- Management Analysts
Program taught in: